forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
cokeshawty

MechKatre wrote:

Pokemon Yellow Total Control Hack. Reprogramming the game from the inside!

http://tasvideos.org/3767S.html

... SERIOUSLYYYYYYY ?!
OMGGGOGIKLGASDJU
NaomiMinette

JInxyjem wrote:

Renewable. Max. Revives.
Fun fact: you can buy Max Revives, PP Ups, and other normally unsold items in Join Avenue if you have specific shops at or near max level.

(Btw Azure, PGL won't sync our FC's, so is there any chance we could connect via Wi-Fi doing... I dunno... whatever?)
Hika

Blazevoir wrote:

Fun fact: you can buy Max Revives, PP Ups, and other normally unsold items in Join Avenue if you have specific shops at or near max level.
What? Really? WHERE?! This is insanity!
I will touch my DS once more if this is the case!
cokeshawty

Hika wrote:

Blazevoir wrote:

What? Really? WHERE?! This is insanity!
I will touch my DS once more if this is the case!
Yeah tell us!

!!
NaomiMinette
cokeshawty
Thankies ~
Jinxy
Oh god pokemon has never been so rage inducing

I brought a HM slave to Victory Road, get my team half-wrecked because it turns out the Krookodile I dropped was pretty dang important, find a Doctor, and it takes me 10-20 turns to beat him because of fucking Minimize spamming

Also the Cut-requiring half of Route 23. That sucked a hell lot too.

HMs suck
Hika
you have no idea how much i hate evasiveness boosting/accuracy lowering attacks, YOU REALLY DON'T
Jinxy
> Accidentally jump over a mostly-invisible ledge as it's placed juuuust at 2 contrasting floor colours
> No other way to walk other than back to the entrance

holy shit worst victory road ever fuck this shit
Hika
I really don't understand the purpose of the area completely left of the entrance to Victory Road.
You~ are~ fucked~ (✿◠‿◠)
cokeshawty

Hika wrote:

you have no idea how much i hate evasiveness boosting/accuracy lowering attacks, YOU REALLY DON'T
Jinxy
Reminds me of the time a friend was playing HG/SS, and got owned by Morty except a severely underleveled Pidgey vs Morty's last pokemon. He spammed sand-attack and won. I forgot how; Morty's last was either pecked or burnt to death
NaomiMinette

Hika wrote:

I really don't understand the purpose of the area completely left of the entrance to Victory Road.
You~ are~ fucked~ (✿◠‿◠)
You mean the old Victory Road that was in Black/White that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than B2/W2's?
Jinxy

Blazevoir wrote:

Hika wrote:

You~ are~ fucked~ (✿◠‿◠)
You mean the old Victory Road that was in Black/White that was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than B2/W2's?
I think she means when you go left in BW2's Victory Road. It's basically there to punish you for jumping over ledges. It would have been a nice shortcut if there were no ledges, though.

The only thing I like about BW2's Victory Road is that it has Audinos. That's all.
NaomiMinette
Huh... I must've missed that... or rather, I don't think I've ever seen that.
Hika
Well, there's some sort of area in which you can cut through. A forest of some sort with a female Ace trainer in the corner. If you proceed to go down, I think you pass two psychics before hitting a dead end. I don't understand the purpose of it. Then again, it's probably just there to be there. I thought it was some kind of trick as it looked like you could continue on; the water below also seemed accessible but I didn't try figuring out the way to get to it.

Only thing I truly liked about BW2's Victory Road was the fact that I saw Zoroark & learned that N's castle was hidden below.
Also, the Victory Road from BW was very annoying, especially trying to slide down those hills & such. I basically got lost & didn't bother using common sense trying to get around. Welp, I'll always like FRLG Victory Road.
Professor Prinny
Anyone heard about the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon coming out for the 3DS?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
It already came out in Japan.

Apparently it only has 144 Pokemon in it. Pardon my language, but... WHAT THE FUCK?
Hika
You still love it anyway. I don't normally like the Mystery Dungeon games... Playing as Pokémon is weirrrrrrrrd.
NaomiMinette
I don't care how many Pokémon there are in that game, I'M GETTING IT!
Drakari_old

Blazevoir wrote:

I don't care how many Pokémon there are in that game, I'M GETTING IT!
inb4 japan only.

... I made myself sad...
NaomiMinette
I think this describes EV training well:

cokeshawty

Blazevoir wrote:

I think this describes EV training well:

Hahahaha you made my day!
NaomiMinette
What, the actual, heck.

So I've been EV training my Ralts (that I got from Dream World) so that it has 252 EV's in two stats, and just to make sure it has that many, I use 4 Wings on whatever stat I was EV training on (just to see if I get that "no effect" message) then soft reset. When I tried that, however, it kept consuming through my stock of Wings. Wondering what the heck went wrong, after I soft reset I tried using the "EV -10" berries. I used them on one of the two stats I trained on... I counted 16 (-160)...

Did EV training get buggy or something? Or was it because of this Ralts that I have?
Jinxy
Man there is so much of stuff after Champion that I don't know. I knew PWT and the likes, but the lost Xtransceiver and Memory Link was new to me.

Now I have to rush White from the start because I Nuzlocked it and had a crapass team before I quit. On the sorta bright side, it's the first time I played in Winter. Twist Mountain was easy to get through, but the route after Icirrus is horrible.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

What, the actual, heck.

So I've been EV training my Ralts (that I got from Dream World) so that it has 252 EV's in two stats, and just to make sure it has that many, I use 4 Wings on whatever stat I was EV training on (just to see if I get that "no effect" message) then soft reset. When I tried that, however, it kept consuming through my stock of Wings. Wondering what the heck went wrong, after I soft reset I tried using the "EV -10" berries. I used them on one of the two stats I trained on... I counted 16 (-160)...

Did EV training get buggy or something? Or was it because of this Ralts that I have?
No, you screwed up your EV Training math. That's all there is to it. :P
bmin11
I'm not sure if I want to play the Hard Mode. I really don't want to lose all my pokemons :<
NaomiMinette

Ekaru wrote:

Yeah, no. Unless Join Avenue glitched on me when I was using the Dojo/Gym and Café, I precisely made sure the EV's were each at 252.

*sigh* If it glitches up again after I fully reset my Ralts' EV's, I'm getting rid of it.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

Ekaru wrote:

Yeah, no. Unless Join Avenue glitched on me when I was using the Dojo/Gym and Café, I precisely made sure the EV's were each at 252.

*sigh* If it glitches up again after I fully reset my Ralts' EV's, I'm getting rid of it.
What figures are you using for the Join Avenue shops? Some of the info out there is wrong. :P

And test it with another Pokemon first before ditching your Ralts.
NaomiMinette
I've been using this info for the past 10 Pokémon without problems. Unless there's something wrong with Dream World Pokémon or something, I'm 100% positive my Ralts had 252 EV's in two stats.

Moriya Suwako

Professor Prinny wrote:

Anyone heard about the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon coming out for the 3DS?
I‘ll buy it.
Now the Japanese ver. have already released. I'm waiting for the NA ver.
Jinxy
I've finally cleared every single movie with a good end at least. Missing 5-7 strange ends. Honestly, the final reward was pretty meh; the secret room was empty the first time I went in, and the statue is like an oversized awards trophy. I was expecting a statue of my character :/

Or better yet, allowing changing the player sprites into costumes while normally playing would be the best thing ever. I like Rosa's princess and scientist models, and imagine the Champion fight with her princess costume :)

In other news, I learned about Stored Power today. Best move of the year all years. yes I only play against CPU, I know there are quite a few easy counters like Haze, etc
bmin11
Got myself a rom of White 2 with Challenge Mode key with it. I'm thinking of playing this game with the Nuzlocke Challenge for the first time.
Jinxy
You should really try Nuzlocke on normal first imo. You don't know how much more different it is until you truly try it. It's slightly easier in Gen 5 though, thanks to Audino grinding, but when I tried White Nuzlocke I only grinded before gyms and that meant half my party got wiped by a random Simipour after Skyla in White.
bmin11
Maybe I should, but I've already started it. I'll probably be super grinding most of the time (thanks to pokebreeders and Audino) and hopefully, I won't lose anybody.

I'll take this game with slow and patient. Thanks for your warning.

Actually, I might just use potions. You just scared me there.

EDIT: Can't believe I caught an Azurill with Thick Fat ._.;;;;; If I decide to use potions for this game, I guess I could use this pokemon to tank the damage while healing my teams up.
Jinxy
Playing Pokemon Conquest right now.

I don't know if the real Nobunaga's Ambition games are like this, but some mechanics are really shitty. One I can think of is how each Pokemon has only 1 move, and while evolving them gives stronger moves, sometimes it's worse off due to which squares each move hits.
For example, Rhydon has a 4 square Bulldoze, and Rhyhorn has a 1 square Drill Run. Rhyperior has Rock Wrecker which does a crapton of damage, but aiming it is near impossible due to how specific the hit square is, and you can't use it consecutively like in the real games >:( .

Going on with the 1-unchangable-move thing, I was training a bunch of Scraggies which had Faint Attack to take down a Ghost warlord, and then one of them evolved into a Hi-Jump Kick Scrafty.

That said, I heard there are a lot of post-game storylines with hours of gameplay, so I'll just play on for now. Even if it means spending hours to level my Eevee to make it evolve into Glaceon. I'm basically at the last castle now in the main storyline and I could probably roflstomp it, but I want a Glaceon so I can do massive damage and make the fight cooler.

pun unintended
Azure_Kite
Generic Pokemon/Borderlands 2 reference incoming

Jinxy

bmin11 wrote:

EDIT: Can't believe I caught an Azurill with Thick Fat ._.;;;;; If I decide to use potions for this game, I guess I could use this pokemon to tank the damage while healing my teams up.
Woha wait what rules are you playing with? I only used the basic rules, permaboxing instead of release, and no legendaries. Honestly I'm not planning to try more rules like no potions or no/limited pokecenters. That shit's too hard for me.

Also, post-game Conquest is pretty good. It plays more like a race against the others instead of grind2win. Currently my mission is to conquer all 18 areas again, and 20 or so turns later there are only 4 warlords left. 2 are derping around with 500 strength in total and out of my reach, I have the most land and 12 decent warriors at 200-250 strength each, and the last guy has slightly less land but 2 crazy powerful warriors at near 400 strength that stomp almost everything. Took me a team of 6 to win them in a fight. Challenging for now, but to be completely honest I have no idea as to how to beat him.
bmin11
I'm going to play with potions for this game. It's admittingly a cheap move, but I should just take it easy and see how it is like.
South
some1 should definitely help me fill my pokedex ._.
show more