forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

I'm at Victory Road atm but seriously the encounter rate in Gen 5 is way too fucking high I get 3 encounters every 4 steps.

Buying repel is an option, but it's multitudes of inconvenient for something that can be designed away (the Mother series handles this problem fairly well)
I just bought a shitton of repels for the latter part of the game. Though, when I wasn't using repels the encounter rate felt similar to previous gens.
Lance
I adjusted my team because it annoyed me to not be original.

Yes, I know Hydreigon is OP. I just wanted to try him out since I haven't yet
Ekoro
well , i'll play Black 2 later , i'm still playing at Blaze Black , here's my party (currently at Route 4)

SPOILER
Flareon Lv.37 (Relaxed) @Sheer Force

1. Flame Charge
  2. Bite
  3. Quick Attack
  4. Yawn
Togetic Lv.37 (Lax) @Super Luck

1. Softboiled
  2. Incinerate
  3. AncientPower
  4. Tri Attack
Luxray Lv.37 (Naive) @Guts

1. Night Slash
  2. Double Kick
  3. Charge
  4. Thunder Fang
Staraptor Lv.37 (Adamant) @Reckless

1. Close Combat
  2. Endeavor
  3. U-turn
  4. Wing Attack

should i change something?
Topic Starter
Ekaru
@Lance: Hydreigon isn't OP, especially since you can't get him until level 64. >_>
Lance

Ekaru wrote:

@Lance: Hydreigon isn't OP, especially since you can't get him until level 64. >_>
The magic of a few hours of Audino grinding
Stefan
Or simply use Ice Attacks.
Or a dragonite.
bmin11
Though, any pokemon with Levitate are quite annoying to begin with >_>
Soaprman
Blazevoir! Made Hall of Fame yet?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

Blazevoir! Made Hall of Fame yet?
I love you.

Also, the World Leaders tournament is fun.
Azure_Kite

wow.
Hika
OKAY SO YESTERDAY I DEFEATED THE ELITE FOUR. My team is literally anti-Marshal as far as I know. (I didn't have any problems with the other Elite Four members, especially Iris.) It was way harder when I played the English version of this game. I think it's because I had a Lucario along with the Zoroark....

I'm going to try & defeat the World Leaders Tournament 10 times for the Champion Cup. I just cannot wait to see Steven's face when I kick his ass with my Lucario. He won't even see it coming.

Oh also, I recommend this. I'm buying it tomorrow. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pokem ... d569966514

EDIT: I should list my team actually.
I have a Lucario, Zoroark, Bisharp, Absol, Haxorus & Genesect.
awp
hey man at least PETA aren't Gen Wunners
Lance
I find it strange that they knew enough about the games to know character names, pokemon names, ect but didn't know that every single gen's central message is "LUV UR POOKIMINS". Then again, PETA hasn't made sense for about a decade.
mm201
Wanted: Flash games developer
$14/hr
4 weeks
You will develop a parody of a popular gaming franchise. Prior knowledge a must.
awp
idk if $14 an hour is worth coding something in Actionscript
Azure_Kite
I don't know if $30 an hour is worth coding something in actionscript.
awp
I'd endure it for $30/hour tbh
Lance
I finished doing everything and don't feel like doing PWT now ._.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Lance wrote:

I finished doing everything and don't feel like doing PWT now ._.
*shrugs* Getting all the way through the Champions tournament does take a few hours, and that's without losing a single time. I found doing that very fun, though.
Volken Bennet
Ah lol xDDDDDDD
SuzumiyaBR

Hika wrote:

Oh also, I recommend this. I'm buying it tomorrow. https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pokem ... d569966514
Soon Download
http://www.poke1000.org/
Professor Prinny
Did any of you guys find white 2/black 2 too easy?
Because I managed to solo the whole game with just my starter (tepig) but I evolved it when it could of course to Pignite and then Emboar. (You woldn't believe how many thunder punches and brick breaks I had to use in the whole game).
Also I found Pokéstar Studios to be one of the best parts of the game, as well as PWT obviously.
bmin11
I mindlessly grind-ed with the Breeder before the Victory Road, so I can't really judge the difficulty.

I kind of lost my motivation after I found out about EV and IV. I thought this was a game for young people orz
awp
Talking about the Gen 1 Legendary Birds on Twitter and discussing the sitcom where they're all college roommates called "Legendary Birds of a Feather" and this happened

I apologize for nothing
Vish024
How can one not find that funny.
Azure_Kite
All you need is Articuno rushing in saying "IT'S OKAY U GUIZ I GOT DIS"
Purple
Wow LOL it won't let me name my rival Hitler
Stefan

Purlpo wrote:

Wow LOL it won't let me name my rival Hitler
Why so complicated.. and not name your Rival as Asshole or Penis like most children does?

Anyway, my current team in W2: Giratina, Dewott, Snorlax, Rotom and Crobat, all Lv 29.
Now, I gonna do some Power Training. :3
Topic Starter
Ekaru

LaVolpe024 wrote:

How can one not find that funny.
This.

@Purlpo: They've been censoring Hitler for a while now.
awp
but not Hatler!
Starrodkirby86
Here's an entire list of censored words, even in multiple languages.

There are a lot of filthy words in there, so, well, surely brace yourselves, I suppose!
Stefan
What the hell.. this is quite funny which words in german are banned. xD
But one thing I don't get is, why Cofagrigus is now allowed to trade without a nickname?
Hika
It says 'fag' in it I'm assuming. LOLOLOPSDJLOSDJ
Stefan
OH LOL I just read it now.
<- /learn2read
Hika
Yeah, I remember the first time I saw that Pokémon. I said it like how you would say sarcophagus but then I realized that word was in it.
NaomiMinette
Got a question about Join Avenue since I haven't maxed all of my shops yet: what happens when you reach that point? Like, do you still get points that go towards leveling up your JA or do you actually need to replace your shops with new recruits?
Soaprman
Other shops around Unova start going out of business as everyone's taking their money to the trendy new shops on Join Avenue. Your shops start growing at unbelievable rates, quickly becoming the most powerful economic force in all of Unova. As CEO of Join Corporation, you spend a large amount of money in the acquisition of the Pokémon League. Pokémon centers and marts all over Unova are shut down and their workers are laid off or rehired for a lower wage at new Join-backed replacements that no longer heal Pokémon for free. Pokémon battling slowly dies as fewer and fewer trainers are able to afford to keep going between the increased charges at Join Centers and the high prices to feed their families with food from their local Join Mart. Abandoned Pokémon are captured and enslaved as workers at Join's manufacturing facility, causing mass layoffs of human workers. Yet more abandoned Pokémon are recruited to fight in the newly-formed Join military, waging war on the other regions and expanding the Join empire.

Years pass and region based off of New York City has entered a dark age like nothing else it's seen before. People and Pokémon alike live only to serve Join and you, their glorious leader. But beneath the forced smiles of the population lie quiet rumblings of discontentment. A group of people manage to convene and form a rebel group known as Team Plasma. their goal to liberate all living beings from the Great Join Empire. Upon learning of this movement, you act quickly to qwell their efforts before things get out of hand. But they slowly proceed to get out of hand as entire cities of people and what few Pokémon live alongside them wage war on your empire, rallying behind their own leader, N.

Much fighting and bloodshed transpires until the day finally comes. Team Plasma has broken through the defenses and entered your fortress. They quickly descend upon your throne room, and you scramble out to find a place to hide. But there's nowhere to hide, and nowhere to go but up, up, up to the roof of your fortress. You stand your guard as a figure approaches... it's N. He says a bunch of mushy bullshit about love and friendship that you really couldn't care less about. He walks closer and closer to you, puts his face to your ear, and whispers {your chosen Join Avenue greeting}. Then he pushes you off and you go splat on the ground and die. The world is saved.
Azure_Kite
But Unova is totally based off of New York City. not a Japanese location.
NaomiMinette
._. Can I PLEASE get a serious answer?
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Blazevoir wrote:

._. Can I PLEASE get a serious answer?
'K

None of us have a fucking clue. :D /troll
show more