forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lance
Who else is going to be in line tomorrow morning with the little kids for release? I had standards once. That was long ago.
Hika
I'm going to the morning release exactly when Game Stop opens... I can already imagine all the young kids lining up & I'll be the only high schooler begging for it.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Lance wrote:

Who else is going to be in line tomorrow morning with the little kids for release? I had standards once. That was long ago.
'K, yeah, I will.

Then I'll go play it with people my age the next day so it's all good.
Purple
I'm doing a playthrough of Volt White where I nickname the pokemon I use after popular OSU players, and I got a female adamant Poochyena with no idea of how to name it.

Come on... Dark type adamant female puppy? Chases prey around?

If I receive no answer within 1 hour I'll just call it lewa.

Please help.
Ekoro
^ I don't really know , sorry ~

also we still have to wait 5 days until it's released D:
Purple
You guys were talking about Black/White 2? I wanted to buy it on release day but after playing Blaze Black so many times I decided to wait until theres a 649 hack for it.
Hika
HEH, I'm picking the game up in exactly one hour. I'm so happy that I water on my shirt from shaking out the excitement.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I got it a couple of hours ago. It was an unannounced early opening so no kids to deal with :D
Maraiga
A friend of mine is getting it on friday, so jealous ;__;
Hika

Ekaru wrote:

I got it a couple of hours ago. It was an unannounced early opening so no kids to deal with :D
You're so lucky. I have to go buy a new DSi for this too so I'll be stuck there for a while.
Ekoro
for waiting i'm playing Blaze Black , with that current party :

SPOILER
I'm actually at Route 3 , after beating Plasma Grunts =w=

1. Staravia Lv.22
  2. Servine Lv.21
Planning to get a Sneasel , Togepi , and maybe even a Feebas if i'm lucky. /o/
Soaprman
Every pokémon game is the same and you guys are a bunch of kiddy noobs for playing that garbage.

So am I. I picked up White 2 this morning. Liking the selection of early-game wilds available (as of Floccesy Ranch)... hoping this keeps up throughout the game. I haven't really read on it any in advance so I'm doing a total blind run. 8-)
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

Every pokémon game is the same and you guys are a bunch of kiddy noobs for playing that garbage.
You son of a-

So am I. I picked up White 2 this morning. Liking the selection of early-game wilds available (as of Floccesy Ranch)... hoping this keeps up throughout the game. I haven't really read on it any in advance so I'm doing a total blind run. 8-)
Troll. :P But yes, I'm liking the selection of early-game wilds available too. Just beat the first gym, and I gave up on getting Riolu after wasting too much time searching for one.
Soaprman
I don't know what's up with Riolu. I found a bunch of them but accidentally killed them all and then came back later and found pretty much nothing but Mareep. Maybe a time of day thing, I don't know.

That said, the good pokémon keep rolling in. Not even at the second gym yet and I have access to quality mons like Venipede, Koffing, Growlithe, and Magnemite? This is sweet as hell.

Venipede
Seriously, defense curl + rollout this early. I can dig it.

Hika
I killed three Riolu then caught the fourth one at full health with a Pokéball. If that's not luck, I don't know what is.
It's nice that I get to play the game in English though, honestly. It was harder to comprehend in the Japanese version but I'm glad I have this baby in my hands.
bmin11
I don't even know how many times I've encountered a Pidove :(
Soaprman
"P. O. K. E. M. O N. POKEMON. P. O. K. E. M. O N... POKEMON. P. O. K. E. M. O N... P. O. K. E. M. ON. POKEMON!"
Hika
Ah, I'm at Virbank Complex. Time to get me another Arcanine...
Soaprman
Virbank Complex is a great spot to get some new teammates. I added Growlithe, Koffing, and Magnemite to my team from there. Hell, I've already boxed my starter Oshawott because I was able to get a Psyduck that does its job just as well.

By the way, best feature addition to this game: the cursor stays on Lemonade after you buy a Lemonade from a vending machine. This makes it easier to stock up on Lemonades.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Soaprman wrote:

By the way, best feature addition to this game: the cursor stays on Lemonade after you buy a Lemonade from a vending machine. This makes it easier to stock up on Lemonades.
Really? Gotta abuse that, then!

I'm at Nimbasa City right now, myself. Ah, the joy of fighting every trainer I can find just to not be underleveled. :P This game's harder than BW1
Drakari_old

Soaprman wrote:

boxed my starter
What? NOOOOOOOOOO! The starter must never be boxed, it must be your most faithful companion through your whole journey and beyond! Others may come and go, but the starter must stay 'til the end.
Ekoro

Drakari wrote:

What? NOOOOOOOOOO! The starter must never be boxed, it must be your most faithful companion through your whole journey and beyond! Others may come and go, but the starter must stay 'til the end.
I boxed my Serperior :c
Soaprman

Drakari wrote:

Soaprman wrote:

boxed my starter
Why limit yourself? There are hundreds of pokémon to choose from. At least to me, the game's way more fun if your party changes regularly. I occasionally even swap my entire team out for different pokémon. Yeah, you miss on EVs that give you an edge late in the game, but I can deal with that. Give it a try sometime if you haven't. It's a different way of playing and adds nicely to the "gotta catch 'em all" feel.

By the way, I also play on set instead of shift. Give that a try too if you've always left it on shift. :P
bmin11
I've tried boxing my starter, but I didn't felt like I was playing Pokemon anymore. Maybe I'm just way to sympathetic...

P.S. Yikes, even wild Pokemons have over-leveled me now
Ekoro
It's hard to switch all the party imo , training them one per one is better

I usually keep a pokémon in my party from the beginning if i like it , like my Crobat on BW2 o/
Topic Starter
Ekaru
I often box my starter nowadays. Not this time, though, because I wanted to use a Samurott. :D
Drakari_old
Switching your party? Pft, that's something for people who like switching their party. When I play, by the time I reach the elite four my party is pretty much the starter, 4 legendaries (I like legendaries), and either one specific other pokemon I like or one specific pokemon that is good and can learn 4 HMs (usually Gyarados). Sometimes the middle 4 are pokemon I like for some other reason than just being legendary, such as Skarmory because Skarmory. Trying to optimize your team through typing and EV training is a whole lot of unnecessary effort, but switching your team for no particular reason means a whole lot of unnecessary grinding, so I just keep whatever team I feel like and as long as I don't switch them out they end up being strong enough for anything.

That's how I pokemon.
Hika
I find the leveling on BW2 so much easier than it was on BW. See, in the Japanese version, I actually got two Pokémon to level 100 without rare candies. I don't know, it was a really great accomplishment for me.

Also, my DSi charger is hiding from me so I'm stuck at Castelia until I feel like looking for it...
Azure_Kite
I imagine rechargable pokemon trainers.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

I imagine rechargable pokemon trainers.
Speaking of which, thank goodness for the Breeders that you can easily rebattle. They alone make leveling up for gyms much easier, *especially* the one in Lostlorn Forest (which is actually much better than the one on Route 6, even though she's 3 levels higher. Go figure).
Lance
Catchable Eevees makes this game worth the money. Eeveelution team go!
LZD
and pokemon thread suddenly revived! xD

I must wait a bit more until the game will release on EU :P
awp

Soaprman wrote:

Why limit yourself? There are hundreds of pokémon to choose from. At least to me, the game's way more fun if your party changes regularly.
I've grown way too attached to the lil' guys

I have a fucking Ducklett in my party okay. When I battled a friend he was like "I know it's personal preference, but what the hell"
Drakari_old
OMG HOW U GET DUCKLETT.
Soaprman
I'd use Ducklett too if given a chance. If I ever see one in White 2 I'll add it to my team.

Burgh's gym was really cool-looking. Too bad every pokémon in there dies to Growlithe. (though I did get Magnemite out to help fight some sassy Dwebbles)

Dwebble/Crustle is pretty good, by the way. I used one in my White version team.
awp

Drakari wrote:

OMG HOW U GET DUCKLETT.
You run under a shadow, or where feathers are falling under this one bridge (it goes East-West between two zones). I forget the actual name of the bridge.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

awp wrote:

Drakari wrote:

OMG HOW U GET DUCKLETT.
You run under a shadow, or where feathers are falling under this one bridge (it goes East-West between two zones). I forget the actual name of the bridge.
The first bridge you'll encounter that you can do it on is Driftveil Bridge, ain't it? "Also known as the Charizard bridge because it looks like a Charizard."

But yeah, I used a Ducklett/Swanna in Black 1. It was useful.
Drakari_old
Wait, that's an actual pokemon? I thought he misspelled diglett...
Sakura
Ducklett is quite a decent pokemon, i used one on my Pokemon Black playthrough, dunno if i'll use one on version 2 tho, considering i got a water starter this time.
Hika
Water starters are overpowered. Well, at least that's my opinion.
show more