forum

General Pokemon Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ekaru
pokemonxy.com is where you should go for the latest info. No, really. It is.
Azure_Kite
I'm wondering if B/W2 will have a ROM leak like what happened for Taiko no Tatsujin DS 3, lol.

Even if it IS just a day early.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

I'm wondering if B/W2 will have a ROM leak like what happened for Taiko no Tatsujin DS 3, lol.

Even if it IS just a day early.
It's a good possibility. But, how long it'll take the anti-piracy to get cracked is another story altogether. I may dabble a bit in the ROM myself, but I'll mainly just be playing Black and HGSS until the US release. This is mainly because I want to train more Pokemon.

Oh yeah, I'm especially excited for being able to finally get evolution stones with BP. About time! XP
Hika
I love you for making this thread.

Well, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the division of Team Plasma. Apparently, everyone who wants Pokémon liberation follow N as everyone who want to rule the world for evil goes with Ghetsis. I think I might die if I don't get a release date for this game.

Also, didn't the previous Pokédex for Black & White already have a section that showed where the Pokémon was located? Apparently, it's been implemented in this sequel.

About that ROM thing, even if it did leak, they'd have problems trying to remove the anti-piracy that was placed in it. I mean, that's exactly what happened with the more recent Pokémon ROMs.

Edit: Ekaru you fucking ninja.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Hika wrote:

Well, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the division of Team Plasma. Apparently, everyone who wants Pokémon liberation follow N as everyone who want to rule the world for evil goes with Ghetsis. I think I might die if I don't get a release date for this game.
Oh yeah, that part looks to be pretty interesting. I want to know what's going on next FFFFFF-

And I do hope we get a more specific release date before the school year starts. The sooner I know what week I shouldn't plan on getting much done the better.
Hika
I'm sure it should be out definitely after September 1st but even then, the wait seems super long. I also need help trying to buy a DS because I'm not sure if they're going to be using 3D as a base for the new games after this.

Additionally, I looked up the first rating on the game as it got a 36/40 from a Japanese magazine of some sort. Black / White got a perfect 40/40 so I can't really determine if this game is gonna be as great as the first until I get become brainwashed.

So, should I get a DSi or a 3DS? Pokémon Black / White always seemed like a 3D game to me so I can't really choose.
Vish024
I'll just wait for the ROM. Meanwhile I still have to get around to finishing Black, I played halfway and lost interest completely.
Azure_Kite
A day earlier that the ROM gets leaked is potentially a day less we have to wait for an AP Crack. I'm so evil.

I'll buy it once it gets an Australian Release, though.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Hika wrote:

I'm sure it should be out definitely after September 1st but even then, the wait seems super long. I also need help trying to buy a DS because I'm not sure if they're going to be using 3D as a base for the new games after this.

Additionally, I looked up the first rating on the game as it got a 36/40 from a Japanese magazine of some sort. Black / White got a perfect 40/40 so I can't really determine if this game is gonna be as great as the first until I get become brainwashed.

So, should I get a DSi or a 3DS? Pokémon Black / White always seemed like a 3D game to me so I can't really choose.
Gen 6 will definitely be on the 3DS. What I would do is get the just-announced 3DS XL when it comes out this August. That will allow you to play DS games in "no-upscaling" mode without the screen being small like it would be on a normal 3DS. This will give you the best of both worlds - the clear screen of the regular DS line combined with the ability to play 3DS games. If you can afford it, that would be the best option.

Also, the second gym leader's English name is "Roxie".
Azure_Kite
I dunno. The 3DS XL looked very.... cheap. I like the gloss of the older gen :<
Hika
Hm. If it's not above $150, I'll take it.

I'll always think of the second gym leader as Homika. I hate it when they translate names I get used to.
Topic Starter
Ekaru

Azure_Kite wrote:

I dunno. The 3DS XL looked very.... cheap. I like the gloss of the older gen :<
It looks like a children toy! :D

Wait, actually, it looks retarded. Just get a regular 3DS during one of the currently-regular deals for the most cost-efficient buy.
awp

Hika wrote:

Hm. If it's not above $150, I'll take it.
$200 USD

why would the 3DS XL launch at a lower price point than the regular 3DS?
mm201
The regular 3DS is already as big as I can take.
The regular 3dS has about as low a DPI as I can tolerate.
The 3DSXL doesn't have that second circle pad it so desperately needs.
The 3DSXL therefore doesn't interest me one bit.

I'll probably end up playing these on my lite since it has better colour and native resolution anyway.
Nintendo needs to make a "retina display" 3DS lol
Topic Starter
Ekaru
The first 5 minutes of this game have been entertaining so far. About to face my rival.

And yes, I may or may not be doing what you think I'm doing.
Hika
SPOILER
I spoiled most of the good parts of the game by reading a twitter page with so many weeks worth of Pokèmon Black & White 2.
Why the hell is the Champion Iris?!

Edit: For NoHitter. ):
NoHitter
Spoilerbox the above text please D:
Hika
You know you can't hide from the truth anyway, it's everywhere! The only thing I need is that date & the name of the 8th gym leader & then I'm good to go...

This release is killing me inside & it should be quite obvious. I need that release date before I start melting from pain.
Topic Starter
Ekaru
Why is it proving so bloody hard to get a damn Psyduck? Which RNG lord have I displeased?

EDIT: This game doesn't baby you the way Black and White did. BEWARE! :P
Hika
There's a challenge mode after you complete the main storyline apparently. Oh, I spoiled the entire gameplay by reading on serebii. DON'T DO IT.
Jinxy
I only want to know one thing, does anyone know if the BW1 protoganists are in the game?
SuzumiyaBR
in moment , only win the 1st leader

playing now YuGiOh Forbiden Memories
GOGO Go 722 cards
Hika

JInxyjem wrote:

I only want to know one thing, does anyone know if the BW1 protoganists are in the game?
There's the Team Plasma division, there's N once again along with Ghetsis & a new guy or something. /nospoil

EDIT: Damn, so like after 2 days or so, I noticed you said protagonists instead of antagonists.

Yes, everyone is back excluding the two playable characters from the prequel.
mm201
SPOILER
The Regis and Latis are to be found in this game.
I guess that means no RS remakes this gen...
mekadon_old
Would be better if you can see BW1's main character (Black/Bianca) as the Champion or somesortofshitlikethat

Or I'm lazy to read serebii
Drakari_old

mm201 wrote:

I guess that means no RS remakes this gen...
D:

But Gen3 was my favorite...
Hika
Gen III will always be my favourite because Steven Stone was in it. Of course that's me not knowing how Emerald was like. It's been rumored that there will be something like Gray or something related to that? Of course it's following the pattern like R/S -> or R/B -> or D/P -> Pt. It's believable.

I hope those Gen III remakes are soon though but I doubt Masuda will want to do anything with those until Gen VI.
Bobo_old
Dear God I so wanted a Gen III remake.
Pokémon Ruby was my first Pokémon game :/
Jinxy

Bobo wrote:

Dear God I so wanted a Gen III remake.
Pokémon Ruby was my first Pokémon game :/
Same. I doubt they'd remake since I think they remade I and II only because of how many large changes were made and how you can't transfer pokemon from II to III. There's no such problem now, so I don't think a remake is coming any time soon.
Bobo_old
//dies
show more