forum

Question after returning from 4 years of being away

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SuperKingNicola
Hello everyone! It's been many years since I've played OSU, my oldest play records going back into late 2015. Ages ago when I first tried the game: I was in love with it and got hooked right off the bat, playing song after song.

Unfortunately, due to life and lack of interest, I simply became distant with the game as time passed. Though! Recently people I know & friends of mine have been talking about it, and sparked my curiosity once more.

So, I went to the store, became a supporter, re-polished myself with a new username, and want to try OSU again. Though, with all that's been said, I have a question i'm hoping to find an answer to here in regards to my account ranking.

It's been such an immense amount of time, that although listings of the songs I've played/ratings I got on them still remain. Things such as my scoreboard rankings have simply vanished (which is understandable). If I play the same old songs I played back then in today's current day, what will happen with my scoreboard rank? Will:
  1. All the scores of my past songs auto calibrate, and be applied to my account?
  2. I have to re-play songs to re-earn points again?
  3. Or will the ratings of those songs more or less be forever lost/permanently unobtainable?

Apologies if it was a bit of a silly question by any means, though hopefully I can find some help here (I'd assume this is in the right spot as it does regard rankings). Thanks so kindly to anyone who assists me.
Vuelo Eluko
All of your pogger points are already registered at the moment, you don't have to do anything else. No scores are ever deleted server-side, you only lost local replays.

The only scenario I can think of where a score would be lost from an account is when they are removed due to cheating. I have witnessed this happen to other people several times myself. No amount of mere inactivity will result in this, inactivity just causes you to be removed the rankings until you start playing again, and occasionally someone might have even nabbed your name if you've been gone long enough.