forum

Sudden death mod to actually make you fail in Taiko. [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
boat
Well from what I've gathered, sudden death simply makes it impossible to pass once you've missed, but you can still play, which at least I personally don't think is how it should work. I'd rather have it be like its in standard, instant fail, as then its actually both useful and not a massive anticlimax and a duck to the face.

Its not all that encouraging to know that you're going to fail irregardless of how well you perform after the miss, and nor is the supposed "death" actually "sudden", like the mod states it to be.
ann_old
Would make sence.
Support.
TheVileOne
I don't understand why you have to wait until the end to find out if you failed on taiko anyways. Support.
bwross
Sudden Death works for me like that in Taiko. Miss a note and you die suddenly... exactly like it says on the tin.
JhowM

bwross wrote:

Sudden Death works for me like that in Taiko. Miss a note and you die suddenly... exactly like it says on the tin.
The reason for me to not use it anymore.
aabc271

JhowM wrote:

bwross wrote:

The reason for me to not use it anymore.
I still use it, but I prefer the old SD a lot more
Edit: No mode is like disallowing me to play without worrying about score submission
And SD is stopping me from playing the whole song :<
Tanomoshii Nekojou

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't understand why you have to wait until the end to find out if you failed on taiko anyways. Support.
AGREE,....
H_Hitachiin
Taiko doesn't really fail,which pisses me off T^T
qlum
It may technically not be a bug but I would almost regard it as one considering the way its now is not at all useful.
deadbeat
i just tested this cause i'm bored. i think its added. can someone else confirm this?
kanpakyin

deadbeat wrote:

i just tested this cause i'm bored. i think its added. can someone else confirm this?
Yes.
qlum
Reminder to self never comment until I check it myself.