forum

Additional tab with BNs/QATs/GMTs in Extended chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Firebool
I had a very sudden thought that it would be convenient to have an additional tab in the extended chat. In which all BNs, QATs and GMTs would be displayed. Each correspondingly in its additional tab.
Often, to somehow cooperate with BN/QAT/GMT you need to add everyone as a friend to at least somehow track them online in the game. This is not always convenient, as your friends and "official" connections get mixed.
Sometimes you need current interaction.
It would also be nice to select separate categories in separate colors if implemented as just one additional tab.
Pawsu
Do you mean a tab in here?
If so, hmm. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. It isn't too hard to find a GMT in #osu, a QAT in #mod-help, etc. Additionally, there's also https://osu.ppy.sh/help/wiki/Team and a ton of Discords that have those groups in.
Topic Starter
Firebool
On the one hand you are right.
On the other hand, the visual is always better in such cases. Why would anyone seek out if you can just see who is in the game right now if you really need to ask an important question / cooperate / solve the problem.
If for this you need to use additional applications, then this is strange.
In addition, the list of BNs/QATs/GMTs is updated every 3 months and it is very difficult to keep everyone as friends and know who is who

It may be worthwhile to make these tabs the same as the red tabs sorting players by location or rank position. Just make these tabs on the right, not the left. As if separately
Flanster
Topic Starter
Firebool
I know. But the question is put like this: "There is no this staff in game client".
Also, the list is not sorted by BN/QAT/GMT for which, in any case, you need to go to userpages to look for information
Death
That specific link is for the Global Moderation Team, there are separate group pages for BN and QAT, so they are sorted.

Right now you can view who is online/offline on those group pages, however that only accounts for the website. It is my guess that at some point in the future those statuses will be reflective of a user's status in-game as well, considering lazer's goal seems to be to integrate everything into the client itself, rather than having to go to the website to find certain information. Assuming that is the case, that would fulfill your request quite well... you would just be able to view those group pages to see who is online.