forum

[added] Option to save failed replays

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7,392
show more
-Cyan
why not^^ i support this :D
jenso942
Oh yes, please let us have this! :)
Unsafeman121
I definitely have to agree with what most people have said in this thread ~ that being that I'm in support.

There have been several occasions where I have been able to get really far into a map of a reasonable difficulty (for whatever skill level I am at the time) with pretty high accuracy only to lose it all at the end. I still want to be able to use the replays both so that I can improve on it or to show to others.

This can also be used in compilations, having looked around youtube, I do see videos of people posting osu compilations of certain sections of maps and I feel that this could be improved by enabling the saving of failed replays, often the segments that a lot of people will want in videos like that will be of maps which for the most part they feel are beyond their skill level. I remember before (quite a little ways back now :P) always being ecstatic at beating even the first section of Scarlet Rose and it was the sort of thing I wanted to be able to show people at the time. I still feel this with some maps now too.

In terms of the grade issue ~ I'm not sure it's too much of an issue any more as people have, for the most, part agreed that an F would be fine.
raulmax319
i want this!!!!! stars
HatarukeKizaru
If I had a star to give, I'd give it.

Tons of times, especially here recently, I did a somewhat good job on a hard song for my level of skill... but failed at the last notes.
tokaku
I don't have any stars either but I really like this idea, the thing I don't like about failed replays is that you can only watch them once and sometimes I blink or just miss the parts I want to see and can't rewind.
xGx

DeadSix27
Just gave it all my stars, this is literally the most needed feature by me.
maciozo
It would be nice, I guess.
Shizuyi
Want this! Here you have 6 Stars man :D Im waiting for this like months and just now saw that there's a Feature request of it!
Nyxa
Watch this not get implemented ever
WingSilent
This could have a chance.. someday. :3
Mareyo
Take 5 of my votes, great idea! :)
Cassia
voted up :) id love this.
NieOgar
for God sake... YES
Rinzee
Why is this still not a thing? It would be so nice to have. You are able to watch the replay after you fail so surely the replay file is always stored anyways? Why not go the extra step and add a little 'export replay' button in the failed screen? Full support :3
DeadSix27
Once again voting on this.. It would be so much more convinient to just send friends the small osr, rather than having to record and encode the not-saveable replay.

Would also be nice to have a own replay page on the osu website or something. But thats probably beyond the idea of this thread.
teasp00n

xDarkon wrote:

Why is this still not a thing? It would be so nice to have. You are able to watch the replay after you fail so surely the replay file is always stored anyways? Why not go the extra step and add a little 'export replay' button in the failed screen? Full support :3

This
CatCrafterHD
It sounds like a good idea it does but if it were to save everytime you would be loaded and sad from a glitch fail :|
Mathn
Wow this feature request was posted 3 years ago, How has it not been put in the game yet? I'm sure almost everyone in the osu community would love this. I understand maybe the game was coded in a way that means this can't happen but we already have the watch replay when we fail the map so there shouldn't be much problem to put in this feature. Please osu!team make this happen
mniminwoo
Omg I have so many good plays that ended up with a fail choke ;_; +2 stars
AnyXiate
I hope this is still a reality
Venumidas
Let's bump this, because why not.

Why doesn't this get included anyway?! It obviously would only be on our drive and would take 0 space from osu! servers?

I would also like to request to completly remove the priority system, since you don't give a single shit anyway.
Amuchi
This is great! I failed once on a song but my fail replay was so epic I needed to save it but couldn't ;(
I think that next to the black x should be the rank (a,b,c,d,s,ss,silver s,silver ss) so you can see what you were going to get before you failed, but I don't see how an SS would get into that, becuase you must have missed or gotten 50's or 100's to fail so badly, so no SS should be next to that EVA. unless hacks.
Venumidas
Let's get this thread up there again :) since autistic people still didn't add this feature.

I can remember having a thread up that got closed without any logical response(I think 4 Mods replied).

Another thread simply got ignored for 2 days and I had to find out how to fix the problem myself, now, those are the people we ask for this feature, don't forget about that.

also, if you don't plan on ever answering any comment here, or adding this feature, atleast give all the people that voted their votes back, because this is bullshit, this thread is already worth multiple thousend of $/€ thanks for that.
cracker12_old
i want this so badly
Venumidas
How about we get this Thread up there again :)
PieInOblivion

Venumidas wrote:

also, if you don't plan on ever answering any comment here, or adding this feature, atleast give all the people that voted their votes back, because this is bullshit, this thread is already worth multiple thousend of $/€ thanks for that.
I pretty sure that for a fact that votes/stars are not allowed to be returned.

- Bump -
TheVileOne
This would actually be very easy to implement.
NeVMiku
Like it or not, maybe osu! god gave me special powers for a day (~2 months ago) but here's my piece:

My failed replay of HujuniseikouyuuP - Talent Shredder [0108 style]

This was played in a MULTIPLAYER room. This score is of course, unranked. Granted this is from multiplayer room and not from normal replays but the replay appears (and thus saved) in my Local Rankings which would have been impossible for a multiplayer replay.

Here's the .osr file: http://puu.sh/k06Ex/891c208d02.osr

Screenshots:

Video: (I had to fast forward it. It was at the ~75% mark)

PieInOblivion

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

Like it or not, maybe osu! god gave me special powers for a day (~2 months ago) but here's my piece:

My failed replay of HujuniseikouyuuP - Talent Shredder [0108 style]

This was played in a MULTIPLAYER room. This score is of course, unranked.

Here's the .osr file: http://puu.sh/k06Ex/891c208d02.osr

Video coming soon:
As far as I know you were always able to save a multiplayer replay because as far as Osu! knows, it's a full replay, no matter if you fail or not, you got to the end, therefore you can save it.
NeVMiku

PieInOblivion wrote:

As far as I know you were always able to save a multiplayer replay because as far as Osu! knows, it's a full replay, no matter if you fail or not, you got to the end, therefore you can save it.
It appears in my Local Rankings and I saved it through there and not the original results screen. Changed stuff to make the post clearer.
PieInOblivion

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

PieInOblivion wrote:

It appears in my Local Rankings and I saved it through there and not the original results screen. Changed stuff to make the post clearer.
??? WTF
Did you press F2 after the original results screen?
NeVMiku

PieInOblivion wrote:

??? WTF
It still won't be in my Local Rankings even if I did that.
Bauxe

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

PieInOblivion wrote:

??? WTF
It still won't be in my Local Rankings even if I did that.
F2 exports the replay. You then need to add the replay to your local rankings.
NeVMiku

Bauxe wrote:

F2 exports the replay. You then need to add the replay to your local rankings.
I didn't add the replay to my Local Rankings :P

I played the map. Then discovered the next day that I have the replay stored in my Local Rankings.
TheVileOne
It doesn't matter if you fail in multiplayer, it will save if you finish and aren't failed at the end.
NeVMiku

TheVileOne wrote:

It doesn't matter if you fail in multiplayer, it will save if you finish and aren't failed at the end.
Since when is this a thing? Definitely not for long or else I would have a ton of replays like this...
Scarlet Evans
I agree, It would be a good feature to have :D
I often "almost completed that song" or failed songs at "this one moment", but still wanted to save the replay.
Asda Meal Deal
supported :) good idea
show more