forum

How do I Improved MORE instead of just 'play more'?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeXt4r_
I try my best to improve, I try to experience with the game latency, I try to "play more", but I think I need MORE advice.

and I finally have my proudest score ever in this game.

(Am I getting better at this game or im getting worser? im a mouse player that play in windowed mode)
Lyawi
There is nothing more to say than "play more". You will get better over time, there are no other tricks than playing.
Topic Starter
NeXt4r_

Lyawi wrote:

There is nothing more to say than "play more". You will get better over time, there are no other tricks than playing.

there's has to be any other way to get better than just 'play more' :<
Sosteneshion
Start with good habits such as
- Do not retry maps
- play a bit outside of your comfort zone but don't go sicko mode
- Know your limitations
- make your own goals
- PLAY MORE( if you are willing to improve you have to put a little bit of time on that one) start with your play count, set a amount of play count that you want to have per month.
- Have a nice posture
- Drink water and go to sleep ( You don't have to play 15h straight)
- Be patient ( You will get better over time, not instantly)

And the most important tip!
- Have fun :)
Topic Starter
NeXt4r_

Karhu wrote:

Start with good habits such as
- Do not retry maps
- play a bit outside of your comfort zone but don't go sicko mode
- Know your limitations
- make your own goals
- PLAY MORE( if you are willing to improve you have to put a little bit of time on that one) start with your play count, set a amount of play count that you want to have per month.
- Have a nice posture
- Drink water and go to sleep ( You don't have to play 15h straight)
- Be patient ( You will get better over time, not instantly)

And the most important tip!
- Have fun :)

woah, thanks bud o/
Rikii
If there was an easy trick on osu, this game would have been died already.

- Dont play too much
- Have fun with the game
- get recomendation from Tillerino https://github.com/Tillerino/Tillerinobot/wiki/Recommendations
- dont get angry when you have bad result
- playmoreplaymoreplaymoreplaymoreplaymoreplaymore
Almost
If you want to get better more efficiently, then you want to set goals for yourself. But this is just a game so you shouldn't take it so seriously anyway.
TMrex
Everyone has their own way of improving, with time you should be able to find yours.

The advice I would give though is to just simply enjoy yourself playing the game rather than make it feel like a chore. Results come when you least expect them too.
UnnamedBeast

Almost wrote:

If you want to get better more efficiently, then you want to set goals for yourself. But this is just a game so you shouldn't take it so seriously anyway.

for some people taking the game seriously makes it more fun. for others not so much
kelvinwop
generalized reinforcement learning/targeted practice:

1. Identify what you're weak in, eg. streams, jumps, double+slider+jump, missing tactics like skewering queen to rook with the bishop (doesn't just apply to osu!)

2. Train yo brain to do that easier
The reason for this is if you can afk clear some portion/recognize something, you can fall back on habit while using your mAPM somewhere else

3. Repeat!
That's really it! Back when I played an instrument, I would practice the hard part... practice the transition into the hard part... and then practice the transition out of the hard part. Given that any beatmap contains a finite number of the things... mastering each portion will make you a master of the whole.

Osu and any other skill (I'd imagine) is like riding a bike. You need to incrementally build key habits until thinking is not required. But this is coming from a guy with 15h playtime. Take it with a grain of salt poggers

edit* oh I should mention you learn through building connections in your brain and using them repeatedly. I suggest something like 15-30 minutes practice + some break (let the short term connections decay, a few minutes to a couple hours) + repeat to rebuild your gains