forum

My aim has gone shit+Question about tablet area

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Alongal
I stopped playing for like 2 days and when I restarted playing my aim was shit. I have been trying to bring it where it was since 3 days ago, but I only feel it has worsened. Do you think I am having only bad days or what?
Btw, I also wanted to ask; what's better for entire screen jumps; small or big tablet area?
Gungnir
The quickest way to get back to where you were previously is to literally not worry about it. If you don't worry about it then you'll reduce the likeliness of tilt (Negative mind set which leads to deteriorated performance). All you have to do is play with 100% Effort and have fun. I'm not saying this to be "that guy" because it is actually a necessity. Ignore combo count, Ignore shit misses, Ignore accuracy. Since you were already playing at a higher level a couple days ago, you'll get back there as long as you do not tilt and just play for fun.

That said, at the moment, since you're not playing at your best, play songs you can't pass but are extremely fun, like some 5.5*+ or even a 6* song if you're able. Focus on hitting everything down to the last note even if you miss. If you play all the way through then you'll get your skill back. Join a MP lobby is a good warm-up as well.

As for jumps, it's always better for a small tablet area. Your settings may be different than mine, but I make my tablet area as small as possible. It may be 'too hard' if you haven't done this already, but it's a long term investment and once you get used to it, you'll realize that it's extreme efficient to do so.
Topic Starter
Alongal
Ty man, when I restarted playing I was playing only maps I could get lots of pp and as you said,
I was not truly enjoyng the game, playing maps I like are actually restoring my skill; and not only aiming but tapping aswell. I have also read your phylosophy of improvement post and that's also helping me not tilting as much I did.
And respecting the area, Im gonna try to change my almost fullscreen area and test the small one.
Rikii
I feel you. The day after I got a lot off pp's, I wonder why I was getting worse again.

But yeah, go have fun and don't only play pp maps. Tech maps, full song maps, high bpm maps, they are fun to try to when you are get bored and will actually get you better at the game if you get the hang of the techniques.

As for the tablet area, it will be different for everyone. My play area is on the bigger side than the other player. It's like 50% of the width and height of my tablet (CTL-490) on 32" monitor, but I like it since I am dragging. So try to experiment and you will find your own playstyle and dont try to give up after getting bad scores with your playstyle since it definitely has a learning curve.
Zaike
  1. Smallest possible tablet area
  2. Control Sensitivity setting in Osu
  3. Relax Mod On for Warm Up. (you can tap or not)

I play with the smallest resolution (800x600). IDK, I'm not that good either to say stuffs.
Implojin
Tablet area really isn't something you want to tweak on a regular basis.

Make it as large as possible while still not needing to move your wrist to land fullscreen jumps. Then don't change it.

Every time you change tablet area you throw off your muscle memory, which negates the benefit of absolute positioning, which is the only reason to use a tablet to begin with.

If you want to change your tablet area, you'd better be able to articulate exactly why you want to change it, and how changing it to your new area is going to achieve that goal.
DXPOHIHIHI

Alongal wrote:

I stopped playing for like 2 days and when I restarted playing my aim was shit. I have been trying to bring it where it was since 3 days ago, but I only feel it has worsened. Do you think I am having only bad days or what?
Btw, I also wanted to ask; what's better for entire screen jumps; small or big tablet area?

imo it's just a bad day, I took a longer break than yours and my aim was still the same
Vuelo Eluko

Admiral Chang wrote:

The quickest way to get back to where you were previously is to literally not worry about it. If you don't worry about it then you'll reduce the likeliness of tilt (Negative mind set which leads to deteriorated performance). All you have to do is play with 100% Effort and have fun. I'm not saying this to be "that guy" because it is actually a necessity. Ignore combo count, Ignore shit misses, Ignore accuracy. Since you were already playing at a higher level a couple days ago, you'll get back there as long as you do not tilt and just play for fun.

That said, at the moment, since you're not playing at your best, play songs you can't pass but are extremely fun, like some 5.5*+ or even a 6* song if you're able. Focus on hitting everything down to the last note even if you miss. If you play all the way through then you'll get your skill back. Join a MP lobby is a good warm-up as well.

As for jumps, it's always better for a small tablet area. Your settings may be different than mine, but I make my tablet area as small as possible. It may be 'too hard' if you haven't done this already, but it's a long term investment and once you get used to it, you'll realize that it's extreme efficient to do so.
playing for fun is overrated. What if you are totally crap at something (in my case, jumps in general) and it frustrates you to the point you want to get better but actually playing jump heavy maps is complete anti-fun aids to you? I'd be satisfied just farming 4-5* scoreboards but I will always have horrible aim. Playing for fun wouldn't actually get me better at the game, you also have to identify your flaws and work at them if you want to also improve, if you're not lucky enough to be the kind of person who finds it fun to constantly push themselves.
UnnamedBeast

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

playing for fun is overrated. What if you are totally crap at something (in my case, jumps in general) and it frustrates you to the point you want to get better but actually playing jump heavy maps is complete anti-fun aids to you? I'd be satisfied just farming 4-5* scoreboards but I will always have horrible aim. Playing for fun wouldn't actually get me better at the game, you also have to identify your flaws and work at them if you want to also improve, if you're not lucky enough to be the kind of person who finds it fun to constantly push themselves.

bad at X? do more of X but try to have fun while doing it. stop thinking "oh i'll always be bad at X" because you're unnecessarily limiting yourself

and just a tip for your jumps, do more hard but possible jumps, and when i mean more i mean dedicate a shitton of time into it, just don't be a onetrick and you'll be k