forum

Custom Key Bindings for Editor [resolved]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Figured I might as well ask.

Would it be possible to make it so that we can configure our own shortcuts for the editor, changeable under the Key Bindings menu?

(My particular configuration would be to switch the mapping of [Select, Circle, Slider, Spinner] from [1,2,3,4] to [a,s,d,f]; [1,2,3,4] is awkwardly positioned IMO, it'd be much better to keep my left hand on the home row of my keyboard for these common tasks. And [a,s,d,f] isn't being used anyways.)
woc2006
There are about 30 shortcuts in editor, and not all shortcuts can get customized due to some reason. List what you want to customize and keep the number below 8 to 10.
theowest
I'd love to have easier shortcuts for inherited timing sections, flippling sliders/notes and rotating.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

woc2006 wrote:

There are about 30 shortcuts in editor, and not all shortcuts can get customized due to some reason. List what you want to customize and keep the number below 8 to 10.
For me it's just the 4 shortcuts on the left side (select, circle, slider, spinner)- those are the options most often used while mapping/modding, and they're placed in an inconvenient position relative to their frequent usage.

BTW, thanks a million for your awesome dev work so far :D.
woc2006
Actually, only ASDF are left behind. I'd better set them as new shortcuts for selection/circle/slider/spinner rather than let you customize all shortcuts. that's easy to get you crazy with shortcuts conflict.
Miya

akrolsmir wrote:

My particular configuration would be to switch the mapping of [Select, Circle, Slider, Spinner] from [1,2,3,4] to [a,s,d,f]; [1,2,3,4] is awkwardly positioned IMO, it'd be much better to keep my left hand on the home row of my keyboard for these common tasks. And [a,s,d,f] isn't being used anyways
Ah agree with this. 1234 is awkward for me too. It's been much easier if this button can be mapped to other button we love >.<
Support this~
Miya
Sorry, to bump this again. The thread said it's has been resolved, but how can i map the key binding for editor? there's no option to map key binding for editor in osu. >.<
woc2006

Miya wrote:

Sorry, to bump this again. The thread said it's has been resolved, but how can i map the key binding for editor? there's no option to map key binding for editor in osu. >.<
next build.
Miya
i see, i though it's already available. Thank you for answering :)