forum

Can a thread get ranked?

posted
Total Posts
show more
MisakiTobisawa-

abraker wrote:

The shitposting gamemode needs no music smh. Go back to modding your minigames

The structure is made to follow the consistency in this thread's topic and the posts support this the initial text pattern. There is consistency in its structure, just try to see it from a different perspective. The mess maybe requires more careful evaluation on your part.

Also the spacing is the same, so what? This style of mapping text should not exist? If you hate the triangle meta then just ignore it. There many others who enjoy such patterns.

That means your thread is BORING to read, if it can even be deciphered at all. Maybe mix up the text a bit, just as some poems do for effect. I can't see any consistency in this at all, because each character is only used once.
Topic Starter
abraker
I made it less boring and added variation
levesterz
That addition is beautiful
WalterToro
I'm too close to join Death's dictatorship and pop this thread
Aiseca
⚠️ Text patterning is messy, basically hard to follow along the characters!
⚠️ Using randomized text doesn't add appeal imo, hoe about reducing the Unicode characters in the beginning, so thread readers can't feel that this thread is leading to a shit content.
Topic Starter
abraker

This is intentional. Look at the bigger picture and may see they form a general theme

Imo reducing unicode characters in the beginning would remove the aesthetic this thread has. I think I'll keep the fancy triangle pattern as is. The randomized arrows resemble some of the deeper aspects of the specific text mapping that this thread is about.

Ok so to note on the random characters used in the text mapping. . . this is intentional. You don't want things to be too bland, but you still want some consistency. I opted for a style which looks random if you look closely, but makes out objectifiable themes when taken as a whole.
Nigrod
Where is the hype button?
Tad Fibonacci
I seriously read through 2 pages of this thread and have no idea what's it about.
levesterz

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I seriously read through 2 pages of this thread and have no idea what's it about.
Tldr : Abraker want to rank his thread
Tldr 2: Abraker want
Tldr 3: abra
Tldr4 ; squeezing in modding meta as much as possible in a thread
Topic Starter
abraker
Where is the second BN at? I need bubble >.<////
Endaris
Veto'd, this thread hasn't received enough hype to be considered for ranking yet.
Aiseca

Nigrod wrote:

Where is the hype button?

Question of the year....
skylaa
Hello there! This thread is currently suffering from some general quality issues in a few sections, and thus I don't think that it's ready to be ranked in its current state.

- Your thread currently uses 1,289 characters, this is below the rankable minimum of 1,300 characters. Please increase this.

00:41:774 (1,2,3,4,8,9) - This triangle pattern is completely misrepresenting the intent of the thread and gives incorrect feedback. I would highly suggest that you rework (8,9) so that it creates a noticeable spacing increase to account for changes in the intent of the thread.

01:02:040 (1,2) - Colours used here don't contrast well with the same pattern used beforehand, consider making this consistent since the thread basically stays the same through these two parts and repetition could work well here.
StartAndSelect
Small NM:

Line 1- to line 14 -
Consider increasing text size. As it's first text and effectively an introduction to the thread, newbies need a bigger area to work with to begin understanding what the thread is all about.

I can't say much about the rest as I'm bad at threads but overall looks ok.
Topic Starter
abraker
@StartAndSelect Increased text size

here is kudosu

@spoes Fixed. 1,301 characters now.

I'll think about (8,9)

Fixed colours on (1,2)

kudosu
Topic Starter
abraker
I can now find the hype button!
Tad Fibonacci
Is this going to be the first thread to get ranked in OT... No, in Osu! history?
latiasred
disqualified for lack of decency
johnmedina999
We still need second bubble
levesterz
ColdTooth
ok bubbled
Topic Starter
abraker
you not bn
ColdTooth

abraker wrote:

you not bn
OF QUALITY THREADS I AM
johnmedina999

ColdTooth wrote:

abraker wrote:

you not bn
OF QUALITY THREADS I AM
Sorry, only people with exactly 999 visible posts under their usernames are thread BNs.
Aiseca
Owh~
It's 1000 now bois~~
ColdTooth
NO
Aiseca
1000 you BAKA!
Westonini
can't believe he was talkin about my bananas dude. that's nuts, bananas even.
keremaru

spoes wrote:

Hello there! This thread is currently suffering from some general quality issues in a few sections, and thus I don't think that it's ready to be ranked in its current state.
Innocent enough.

spoes wrote:

- Your thread currently uses 1,289 characters, this is below the rankable minimum of 1,300 characters. Please increase this.
嘘である。
I have copy pasted abraker's entire post from beginning to end, including all the BBCode formats. This gives the thread a whopping 1,909 characters, therefore qualifying it for ranked.

spoes wrote:

00:41:774 (1,2,3,4,8,9) - This triangle pattern is completely misrepresenting the intent of the thread and gives incorrect feedback. I would highly suggest that you rework (8,9) so that it creates a noticeable spacing increase to account for changes in the intent of the thread.
This is not viable, as the triangle pattern is in itself a triangle leading to a larger triangle pattern, much as the intent for the thread is to question the jurisdiction of the ranking process, which calls into question the QAT's ways of qualifying maps for ranked, which loops back into peppy for making a technical company that requests members to join aforementioned group of QAT, which is a triangle of itself. As a result, the triangle patterns do match the intent of the thread.

spoes wrote:

01:02:040 (1,2) - Colours used here don't contrast well with the same pattern used beforehand, consider making this consistent since the thread basically stays the same through these two parts and repetition could work well here.
Triangle color consistency would lead to green colors.
Lime green is, no offence to people who love lime green, ugly.
Nigrod
Oh the hype button has arrived.