forum

How to actually get good? mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
last time I posted this, a moderator just said "play more" and locked the thread.

for my birthday, i got a new gaming mouse and mousepad. I've been playin on it for a bit, and in about 2 days I climbed 20k, now sitting at 59k. I learned to calm myself throughout a map and not being salty and stuff, so i can improve better. Even tho i got great results with this new mouse im sure it has its limits as well, now im choking everywhere in remote control and other long-ey maps. I also have a bad habit of curving the mouse while i jump as well. How can i fix dis?

and how do i git gud
piou
Hello,

Work on yourself, fix your diet, exercice daily if possible
Make sure you play only when you are truely having fun playing, not just when you want to fc a map
Don't play the same maps over again
Aiseca
If you're actually reading the guidelines and rules for this specific subforum, you shouldn't be surprised if the moderators will lock one of these kind of posts.. Just like what happened last time.

It is clearly stated to the forum guidelines of General Discussions that anything Osu! related must not go or created here (on this particular one, your thread should be posted in Gameplay and Rankings) in which you still ignored despite me giving you a link to where this same question should be posted..

Also, there is better chances that you'll get multiple response if the thread was there since no one would ever know that this kind of game play related question existed in a far away subforum, no?

Do not get salty about the mods locking your previous thread (and possibly be this one as well), they have judgement to why it was done.
Implojin
8 of your top 10 scores are from the last 2 days, why don't you just keep doing what you're doing until you find a peak
Vuelo Eluko
literally play more you're doing great
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel

Aiseca wrote:

If you're actually reading the guidelines and rules for this specific subforum, you shouldn't be surprised if the moderators will lock one of these kind of posts.. Just like what happened last time.

It is clearly stated to the forum guidelines of General Discussions that anything Osu! related must not go or created here (on this particular one, your thread should be posted in Gameplay and Rankings) in which you still ignored despite me giving you a link to where this same question should be posted..

Also, there is better chances that you'll get multiple response if the thread was there since no one would ever know that this kind of game play related question existed in a far away subforum, no?

Do not get salty about the mods locking your previous thread (and possibly be this one as well), they have judgement to why it was done.

well the moderator said "nah" so i thought i was fine. i wasn't asking for gameplay nor rankings tho.

piou wrote:

Hello,

Work on yourself, fix your diet, exercice daily if possible
Make sure you play only when you are truely having fun playing, not just when you want to fc a map
Don't play the same maps over again

thanks! im already sporty but i appreciate it
thewhitewhale
If it's related to playing the game in any way, it goes in Gameplay and Rankings. Simple, right?
Gabeski
Engage your shoulder muscles a bit more when trying to jump, and make sure you're viewing each jump as a separate movement instead of viewing the whole pattern as a big shape. Using the shoulder/arm as opposed to wrist will give you a more straight line of movement.
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel

Gabeski wrote:

Engage your shoulder muscles a bit more when trying to jump, and make sure you're viewing each jump as a separate movement instead of viewing the whole pattern as a big shape. Using the shoulder/arm as opposed to wrist will give you a more straight line of movement.

but biologically speaking a human body is designed so that the fingers/hand is more intricate then a whole shoulder/arm, so it might not be a viable option. moving the whole arm/shoulder would tire you out as well.
UnnamedBeast

Psychicbagel wrote:

last time I posted this, a moderator just said "play more" and locked the thread.

for my birthday, i got a new gaming mouse and mousepad. I've been playin on it for a bit, and in about 2 days I climbed 20k, now sitting at 59k. I learned to calm myself throughout a map and not being salty and stuff, so i can improve better. Even tho i got great results with this new mouse im sure it has its limits as well, now im choking everywhere in remote control and other long-ey maps. I also have a bad habit of curving the mouse while i jump as well. How can i fix dis?

and how do i git gud

play long maps, don't retry all the time, go into osu with a goal (aka practice streams, practice aim, practice acc, practice a mod, whatever) don't be afraid of new maps, focus on acc, don't play maps too hard but don't play things in your comfort zone all the time, don't be a onetrick(aka don't be good at just one thing) and most important of all, have fun with the game
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
yea but could u explain how i can stop curving to get the circles
UnnamedBeast
what do you mean with thaht?
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
as i said, when i do a jump, mostly long ones, i tend to curve my cursor while going their and sometimes miss.but if i don't curve i feel weirdly uncomfortable
Vuelo Eluko
when i did this it was because my area was too large, maybe your sens is too low? ?
UnnamedBeast

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

when i did this it was because my area was too large, maybe your sens is too low? ?

unless you have 1 dpi it's probably good enough

if you curve on jumps thats probably just lack of practice
Topic Starter
Psychicbagel
so what, practice not to curve? lol