forum

Should I not play higher difficulty maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YaatoGod
I see a lot of people recommending not going above a difficulty where I can rarely get a 95%+ accuracy. So I've been playing 4 stars and can get 95% accuracy on low 4 stars but struggle with getting the same on mid-higher 4 star songs, but I've started spamming low 5 stars already. I struggle through low 5 stars with 85% accuracy for some of them, but fail a mass majority. Is this a bad progression meter?

Should I simply stick with mid 4 stars for now until I can consistently clear?

Also, I love using the mouse. But I feel like my mouse aims been getting worse as of late. Should I just go ahead and change over to the tablet?
Implojin
When you play maps hard enough that you mostly fail, you're training bad habits. Do this for a long time and you'll train yourself to have bad acc, because you're not really reading the maps, you're just mashing buttons in the general area of the circles.

If you want to improve quickly, find a difficulty that you can *almost* fc without retrying, then get a bunch of maps around that difficulty and either press F2 to pick them at random or go down the list one by one. Do this consistently and the difficulty you find appropriate will go up over time.

Not retrying is important! Retrying makes you memorize how you read a map *at your current skill*, this takes your bad habits and ingrains them in muscle memory. You want to train your ability to read patterns, and you do this by exposing yourself to as many different patterns as possible. (If you really want to retry a map because you think you can FC it or you just like the map, wait until the end screen to do it instead of pressing retry. Don't ever replay a map more than a few times on the same day.)

It's good to mix up your play with hard maps once in a while. This will train you to read harder/faster/denser patterns. It's also good to drop down *slightly* and play maps that you can FC for pp once in a while, this will train your muscle memory to keep precise acc. Just don't make a habit of either of these, you want to find that edge of your ability and push it upward.
UnnamedBeast
grind that acc to 98-99 and then go up the diff
ARKIN55
if you want skill don't waste your time with replying 1564 times dumb maps for pp just play hard maps because your level is already your level you don't have to prove yourself for an example i can fc a lot of maps but i'm not doing it because i know i can so i'm playing maps that i can't fc