forum

Thumb is going numb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cuhray
Whenever I play osu for about 30+ mins my thumb goes numb (from gripping the pen to hard and cutting the circulation off from the top half of it).
Is there any solutions yall could think of to help this? The numbness doesnt go away for about 2 days. Also saying dont grip too hard wont help, I kind of need to aim.

Thanks
lm2578
-Take frequent breaks
-Try changing your grip. (For example in a way, that allows you, to hold the pen tight without using the thumb as much, that actually works to a certain degree. Although changing the pressure point on your thumb is probably easier.)
-Put some kind of fluffy object between your thumb and pen.

Though it's not like I don't have that problem myself. But since I use the tip of my thumb for gripping, it's only the tip that gets numb. That sometimes stays for more than a week.
Gungnir
Loosen your grip. Always try to play with a relaxed hand. Tensing your hand is bad. If you ever start to find yourself tensing up and tightening your grip, force yourself to relax even if you drop combo. Eventually, you'll stop tightening your hand and you'll be able to play with a relaxed grip even in tense situations. This is a long term investment and I know it works because I used to have a tight grip as well.