forum

Reading streams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- euphoria -
how do you read >6* streams where the spacing starts to increase? its getting pretty frustrating for me when i want to practice stamina and i fail because i cant aim the stream, not because i dont have the stamina. i think the problem for me is im reading too much ahead, and not focusing on my cursor having a constant speed, so i try to not read the incoming notes and focus on cursor instead. this helps a bit, but its very inconsistent.

i believe i have the stamina for maps like ice angel, defenders, those foreground eclipse maps and maybe even ange du blanc pur, but once it gets to the long stream sections i just screw up my aim and fail. cs5 + ar9 streams, >6* spacing streams are basically the bane of my existence.

this extends to hd too, i would really like to know how people read streams with hd. thanks!

edit: streams with sharp angle changes too, if i dont consciously snap my cursor then i just misaim the whole stream
Brainage
lots of practice. i don't really know how to get better fast, but what i do know is that I'm terrible if the circles are far away to not overlap.

also for HD, try to place your cursor a fair bit behind the stream, most people put their cursor way too far ahead without realizing and this helps me out a lot.
Almost
Play easier streams and work your way up. You also shouldn't be trying to practice stamina on difficult to read streams.

In terms of practising stream reading, low AR streams work the best. I personally found that being able to read streams on ARs < 5 made reading streams on higher ARs significantly easier. Stream reading is actually all about concentration and playing with higher object density forces you to concentrate more on where you need to have your cursor at. It's why streams with sharp angles (like zig zags) are difficult to read because you tend to look at the whole stream rather than where you need to place your cursor.