forum

How sweaty hands and feet have affected me in osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
byt3
So I’ve been playing this game for a quite sometime and I want to talk about hyperhidrosis. Hyperhidrosis is a common disorder which is when hands, feet or armpits sweat excessively. I didn’t know what this was until I was 1 year into osu! which is when I started noticing excessive sweating when playing maps. I looked more into it and I’m thinking it’s due to increased heart rate or “stress” when playing a map e.g about to FC something that’s worth a lot of PP. And since then, I’ve been suffering from it. Literally everyday, playing for 3 hours minimum with 10 minute breaks every hour, drinking water, applying anti perspirant. Nothing works. It also affected my playstyle and slippery grip on the tablet pen. I do live in a country where summer gets really hot and that might also be a big cause. The reason why I made this post is because I feel like I can’t improve anymore because of this condition. I’ve also tried setting a minimum 4-5 hours a day of osu! almost everyday (I probably take 1 day break every so often when I need to focus on other things) and it really isn’t helping.
If you some of you have this condition please tell me how to overcome it because it’s not only annoying but might force me to quit this game.

:3
illyTheKid
Post feet for evaluation.

But seriously, have you tried baby powder? I don't know if it will affect your grip on the pen but it absorbs sweat to some extent. Powerlifters use it for their junk during competitions. There is also chalk but that is probably a bit too extreme.
Topic Starter
byt3

illyTheKid wrote:

Post feet for evaluation.

But seriously, have you tried baby powder? I don't know if it will affect your grip on the pen but it absorbs sweat to some extent. Powerlifters use it for their junk during competitions. There is also chalk but that is probably a bit too extreme.

Yeah I have tried baby powder and I just tend to get it all over my mouse pad lol
Tastic
I don't have any solution for sweaty armpits or feet, but I also get sweaty hands very quickly, and what have personally helped me is to wash my hands with hot water, 5 minutes before starting to play. I'm not sure it helps for you, but I suggest you try it since it has helped me, and from what I have read, it has also helped others. I hope it helps, and feel free to write whether or not it worked. :D
Equbuxu
You can try wrapping your pen in some sort of fabric/paper towel/etc., or do something like I described here
mulraf
i hope you find some solution to your problem but.... how are sweaty feet a problem in osu? lol
PinkNightmares

mulraf wrote:

i hope you find some solution to your problem but.... how are sweaty feet a problem in osu? lol
you might slip while jumping