forum

[resolved] Can't update description for a specific beatmap of mine

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Heratikus
Problem details: I can update the descriptions for any of my other beatmaps, including graveyarded ones but for some reason it just doesn't work for this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/931931#osu/1945843

I tried editing the description through Upload Beatmap in the editor and on the site itself. Every time I change it in the editor to upload, the description is empty when it's actually uploaded to the site. Every time I go back and try to update it again from the editor the description field reverts back to the default text (i.e "Use this space to..."). On the site itself when I hover over the Description field, the option to edit it doesn't even show up. Even stranger is when I check my contributed forum posts, most of the older descriptions I submitted the map with actually did show up there, just never on the beatmap itself. What's going on?

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://i.imgur.com/PX3YTKo.jpg
The above map is Pending and the below map is WIP but this is an issue I've been having with the above map ever since it was in WIP state so I don't think the issue is related to that. I'm hovering over the description field in both screenshots (not captured in Print Screen unfortunately) but the option to edit only shows up for the map below.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death
Shorten the title temporarily next time you go to update the map. If you make it short enough, you should see the description update (if you change the description through BSS at the same time) or you should be able to see the edit button on the beatmap listing.

You can change the title back to the original after that.
Topic Starter
Heratikus

Death wrote:

Shorten the title temporarily next time you go to update the map. If you make it short enough, you should see the description update (if you change the description through BSS at the same time) or you should be able to see the edit button on the beatmap listing.

You can change the title back to the original after that.

Huh, that's kind of weird but it's fixed now. Thanks!
Death
It's because the beatmap's thread didn't actually get created due to the length of the artist/title. That's also the reason you didn't see it in your post history.

Once you shorten the title it creates the thread with the shortened name, allowing you to edit the description. Then you can change it back without any further issues. So yeah, a bit weird.