forum

How good can I get with mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Atsux
Hi! I've been playing osu! for two months using mouse with left-click only. Just now I've found that there are a lot of other ways to play but I'm not sure what to choose. Right now I can do normal-hard maps, and I think I can do better if I practise but... how good can I get with only left-clicking? Is there something you recomend? Thank you in advance.
Vuelo Eluko
i know someone who is almost 6k pp playing tablet only, mouse only left click is probably only slightly better than that because you're still only limited to singletap speed but at least your aim isn't as inexorably tied to it.
Juuuuuuuuul
Give a try to add right-clic in 1/4 stuff and faster.
Depending on bpm, you'll find that some streams are physically impossible to do without Right-clic.
Try keyboard as well, maybe you'll like it. or Left-clic + one key on keyboard.
Have fun, I'm a mouse only player too.
Rikii
I would suggest you to play with mouse and keyboard since it will be easier to tap and aim with separate hand, just like walking and looking in FPS. And try to find the most comfortable sensitivity for yourself since everybody is different.
Daylight--
I recommend changing to mouse + keyboard, I was like you when i started for a few weeks, but when I changed to mouse + keyboard I found quick improvement.
Juuuuuuuuul
There you can see a few videos of what i did mouse only, if you realy want to keep mouse only, you'll be forced to use right-clic. Only left-clic will not work.
https://osureplayviewer.xyz/userProfile.php?id=11894005

Give a try to keyboard since it's the best way to improve faster.
mulraf
well... hard to answer that. just hypothetically you deffo won't be able to hit streams. maybe triplets if bpm isn't too high. but not expecting more than that. so what would the target of maps in the high end be? extreme (fast) jumps. i tried finding something and the highest it goes would be https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/822716#osu/1724319 which, just theoretically, would be within clickable speed at dt even. +hddthrfl this would be 1.827pp. so if you could do this you could be #1 ez. now there might be a little problem... being that no one has ever even passed it on dt only :|
so what would be realistic? well i think realistically you can go up to maybe 7k-8k pp if you're REALLY good. a likely outcome will be that you end up around 2k pp playing insanes though.

with that out of the way i would strongly advise you on going keyboard + mouse.
Syneergy
Practice makes perfect