forum

[added] Force Default Skin in Editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +17
show more
Mithos
popner, it wouldn't be an option. You would HAVE to use the default skin when you are editing and testing.
theowest
I'd actually really, really want to play with my skin when testing. I can't play with default any more.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice

theowest wrote:

I'd actually really, really want to play with my skin when testing. I can't play with default any more.
My1_old
me2
Rei Hakurei

theowest wrote:

Shino

theowest wrote:

This.
Making it as an option will be good, for someone else.
boat
So basically, this setting

could define what skin should be used in the editor and when testing, too, and then just set it back to default once you're done if you don't want to force a skin on the map? Granted the client would have to reload all the sprites when changing it, but I don't see the hassle with that.
TheVileOne
BUMP

I would find such an option convenient, especially if it could be toggled.
deadbeat
this would be fairly useful
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani
dam i forgot I made this lol

Hopefully this post hasn't been forgotten :3.
Stefan
Bump. Maybe it does not belongs here but I'd also wish (with this Request) to force the Taiko Skin if you're mapping a Taiko Difficulty. That would as also great as the main Request and some people (also me) works better with the Taiko Skin.
onotoleonide
this please!!!!!!!!!!!!
Atrue

popner wrote:

I use default skin to check overlap things.
I use my skin to test map.
An option in editor will be great.
I agree with this. When I test the Beatmaps, I am on the standpoint of players. And I am used to my skin. But when editing the default skin is more proper for the check.
Topic Starter
Shohei Ohtani

CDFA wrote:

dam i forgot I made this lol

Hopefully this post hasn't been forgotten :3.
please
Kodora

theowest wrote:

I'd prefer it to be optional as well.
Derekku
mm201 pls

Not only would this help for modding maps, but also for checking osu!stream maps. :p In that case, give us an option of what skin to use in the Editor (or set a flag that will recognize stream maps ;) ).
peppy
Added
Stefan

Stefan wrote:

Bump. Maybe it does not belongs here but I'd also wish (with this Request) to force the Taiko Skin if you're mapping a Taiko Difficulty. That would as also great as the main Request and some people (also me) works better with the Taiko Skin.
Will that happens too in the future?
Groumiezi
added

k
actually add to be option too please ;;
Derekku
A few notes:
  1. This doesn't affect test mode, where one may be checking for hitburst overlaps and the like.
  2. This option overrides custom skins set in the options, but not skins that are included in a beatmap's folder.
  3. Being able to switch between the default skin in the Editor could be helpful, as the background video option already exists there.
  4. A hidden option for osu!stream or something would be nice :p.
ppkkononjj

Nitojgrem wrote:

Mithost wrote:

What if your skin uses custom hitsounds that are key to your beatmap, or if you know for a fact that your skin should be the one being used? What about Taiko maps?
I guess it'll be the same as with custom skins which are used for the map ~