forum

A country rank on all maps [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +588
show more
H_Hitachiin
Really nice idea,Just wish I hadn't used my star on a different request >.<
huiko12
Totally Supporting this xD
mintong89
Totally Supporting this.
Gilochan
>o<b FULL SUPPORT
karma_komodo
ok, we all get the idea of this being awesome, so lets stop making comments about if yes or no, and lets ask something more productive.
How many ranks will it display? i think 40 is ok, but 400 wouldn´t be imposible
will they have replays? not needed
Will de webpage have the same option one day? it could, and probably will happen before applying it in osu! itself
What about the small countries?they wont reach 40 for each song, but is there really a problem with that? there are songs with less than 40 taiko plays, but there is no problem with those...

So should it be implemented? YES please!
Bread

ArmandoR wrote:

ok, we all get the idea of this being awesome, so lets stop making comments about if yes or no, and lets ask something more productive.
How many ranks will it display? i think 40 is ok, but 400 wouldn´t be imposible
will they have replays? not needed
Will de webpage have the same option one day? it could, and probably will happen before applying it in osu! itself
What about the small countries?they wont reach 40 for each song, but is there really a problem with that? there are songs with less than 40 taiko plays, but there is no problem with those...

So should it be implemented? YES please!
400 would just be plain excessive. I think 50's good enough.
And replays there's no reason why replays shouldn't be displayed...

but yeah, I support this thread! \o/
Drafura
Just filter the 400 wich are already in the ranking.
Sakisan

Drafura wrote:

Just filter the 400 wich are already in the ranking.
That's a trade-off I would be willing to accept, but peppy hasn't said anything in this thread yet, so we don't know if trade-offs are going to be necessary.
Drafura
He said in the friend filtered scoreboard request that he could have performance issues (adding new indexed tables to the database etc...), The problem here is going to be the same as for friend only ranking. Filtering in local could be the solution.
Sakisan

Drafura wrote:

He said in the friend filtered scoreboard request that he could have performance issues (adding new indexed tables to the database etc...), The problem here is going to be the same as for friend only ranking. Filtering in local could be the solution.
That is true, filtering on the client side has that advantage.
However... A player may be the friend of any other player, and that can change from one day to another. A player's country doesn't change in function of who is looking at the scoreboard and it almost never changes, which makes it much more easier to filter on server side.
NCSOFT

lol
Macacito
peppy should allow country ranking for non-supporters as well, that would incentivate new players into country competitivity and therefor more active players less quitting etcetc
and also more players=more suporter tag sold in the future

how about that?
TheVileOne
It would strain the server. peppy needs to ensure that features added to the game don't cost more than the money they bring in for the game.
Macacito
how does it even strain, it is already allowed for suporters
and yea he would win more money anyway
Draconi
Scoreboards filters make the game look up every single score for a song, and not just the top 50 it does normally. That's dozens of times more strain on server than regular scoreboards.
Macacito
and trillion more players which would buy suporter tag
TheVileOne
Why are you so concerned with the new players? Am I correct in assuming you want this feature because you plan to use it? Do you plan to become a supporter?

This is a fruitless discussion. You're not supposed to request insert existing feature here for non-supporters.
Macacito
new players= new admins since the current ones suck, new mappers since the current ones suck, new osu design since the current one suck, etcetcetc
Macacito
and yes i would use it a lot

this game is dead | why should we care about new players
the logic
XPJ38

Macacito wrote:

new players= new admins since the current ones suck, new mappers since the current ones suck, new osu design since the current one suck, etcetcetc
Wow, that's a brilliant argumentation.

End of discussion. TVO said it all.