forum

[Archived] Random offset glitches

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StartAndSelect
Problem details:
For a while now I've had problems with maps glitching at the start causing the map to fall out of sync with the music. This manifests itself as an audio glitch at the very beginning with the map stuttering. This is an intermittent problem and has usually happened mostly after freshly opening Osu, usually on solo mode and almost never in multi, with the likelihood of it happening increased by pressing keys before the first note reaches the judgement line.. It will often require some attempts at a map (short retry shortcut) before it gets it right.
Recently it's been happening more often and has starting creeping in more to multi games, with sync off between a bar of music and as much as 10 seconds (with a skippable intro map). Strangely I've noticed that sometimes pausing a map in solo will not pause the music, even if they both start off in sync.

My global offset is 0. Not using compatibility mode. Local map offsets are 0.

PC specs:
Windows XP professional - SP3
Intel Core Duo E4500 @ 2.20 GHz
1.75 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7050/ nForce 630i

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
I have no recording software, unfortunately.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Aiseca
I would like to ask if you are somewhat experiencing internet speed slowing down (unstable) or somewhat choppy connection because it might be the cause of the stutters you are experiencing....
Topic Starter
StartAndSelect
Internet is pretty stable. I do get stutters like a lot of other people, but the stutter I'm referring to only happens at the beginning of the map and I think is unrelated to internet connectivity.
Topic Starter
StartAndSelect
Since this has reached page 4 without solution, here's a bump.

I've had Osu open for over 100 hours, played both multi and solo many times without any of these glitches happening. Close osu, reopen, glitch happens within the first few maps played in solo. Is there anything I can post, check, adjust that might help point me towards the source of the problem with a view to fixing it?
Topic Starter
StartAndSelect
I guess this is just a case of "it just happens. Accept it"

If there are no further suggestions this might as well be closed and moved
Death
This kind of sounds like some messed up audio/sound card driver issue since it's not your universal offset. Assuming you've restarted your computer at least once the entire time this thread has existed, maybe reinstalling your drivers would be something to try.

Although, as I've said in one of your older threads (for a different issue), Windows XP always has my internal "alarm bells ringing" ever so quietly in the background. Unlike said previous issue, this sounds more like something that could actually be caused by outdated hardware or software.