forum

OT Presidential election 2019 -Third phase (Canceled)

posted
Total Posts

Who do you want to be the next OT President?

Ashton
31.25%
Achromalia
15.62%
abraker
18.75%
Zain Sugieres
34.38%
Total votes: 32
Polling ended
show more
Meah
Anyone who doesn't vote for Zain will get their dicks cut by the tooth fairy
Penguin

Meah wrote:

Jokes on you, I already lost all my baby teeth!
levesterz

Meah wrote:

Jokes on you i already sacrifes my dicks to satan...
Ashton
I guess I’ll make the first speech here.

As the leader of the tea party, I will make sure every citizen of OT is satisfied with my position as president. Even if I will make many of the final decisions, every single person, even people who may have lost against me, will have a say in what happens.

My first act of presidency will be the reformation act. This act will punish any denizen guilty of spreading hate because of the past on one another. This act will ensure everybody gets a second chance at proving their worth as if I becoming president, I will work on taking us to a better future and leaving all of the drama and madness behind us.
abraker
There should be a requirement at the end that requires denizens to confirm that they voted. At the very least, we need to confirm that the elections are not getting more votes than there are denizens here.
Westonini
Perhaps a thread survey wasn't the best idea.
Ashton

abraker wrote:

There should be a requirement at the end that requires denizens to confirm that they voted. At the very least, we need to confirm that the elections are not getting more votes than there are denizens here.

Everyone and anyone should be allowed to vote here. They could be future denziens and as such, we need to make sure everyone feels included. Adding a rule that restricts too many people is hurtful to this society and will only isolate us further from the overall community.
abraker
I don't think it's a good idea to let anyone vote, especially if they don't know what this is and the culture behind OT. Otherwise, what was even the point of the debates?
Ashton

abraker wrote:

I don't think it's a good idea to let anyone vote, especially if they don't know what this is and the culture behind OT. Otherwise, what was even the point of the debates?

Here at the tea party we allow everyone, and exclude no one. That is one of our values; inclusivity.

Another better alternative is to simply ask people who voted to message one reason as to why they voted, however, unless you can prove how I’ve been rigging the votes there should really be no need for that.
abraker
I'm not saying you are rigging any the votes anymore. I am saying I want confirmation the votes can be trusted in general.

The point of the debates is to address DENIZEN concerns. Those who are not denizens of OT know little of what issues the candidates are aiming to solve, much less be affected by them. If they want to be part of OT, great! They can certainly vote in the next elections after they become part of OT.
Ashton

abraker wrote:

I'm not saying you are rigging any the votes anymore. I am saying I want confirmation the votes can be trusted in general.

The point of the debates is to address DENIZEN concerns. Those who are not denizens of OT know little of what issues the candidates are aiming to solve, much less be affected by them. If they want to be part of OT, great! They can certainly vote in the next elections after they become part of OT.

People who vote do not need an extensive history lesson or even much experience in ot to know who they would like to vote for.

They want to join a community, and they want a good leader. Even if I lose, I still believe heavily in allowing new users to vote. Otherwise, they feel left out and neglected.
abraker
Letting external entities choose a leader for a community they are not part of is sabotaging the community for those who are part of it.

I call forth every denizen of OT, are you ok with this?
Ashton
As a denziens of Ot, yes, I am okay with this. The current community is already so... preserved it’s always nice to be liberated by others joining.

Even if they do join, it won’t change the culture of OT.
abraker
Them joining may not change the culture of OT, but them voting before joining will certainly influence the votes in a negative way because there is NO guarantee they WILL join OT after voting.
johnmedina999
I think trying to control who is part of the OT community and who is not is harmful to it as a whole. The only reason that the OT community is as crazy and active as it is now is because people are free to do (nearly) anything they pleased, and that includes joining and leaving on a whim. Restricting that would ruin this freedom, and therefore the craziness that makes OT fun.

I agree that a forum vote was probably not the best idea, but I wouldn't make everyone validate their vote. Perhaps a strawpoll would suffice.
Achromalia
This time, I'm a bit perplexed.

I'll try my hand at some arguments.

johnmedina999 wrote:

I think trying to control who is part of the OT community and who is not is harmful to it as a whole. The only reason that the OT community is as crazy and active as it is now is because people are free to do (nearly) anything they pleased, and that includes joining and leaving on a whim. Restricting that would ruin this freedom, and therefore the craziness that makes OT fun.
The difference is, we're primarily speaking of the candidate campaign. Not OT as a whole. Though being inclusive is pretty often a beneficial thing, I believe Abraker is talking specifically about this election. Lets try not to get these switched up, please.

It's fairly unlikely a whole crowd of new people show up, and it's just as unlikely that a more controlled method of voting will truly influence their decision in sticking around in OT.

OT as a whole, in my eyes, ideally should be open.

The OT elections, however, are at a strange point here. The legitimacy of votes won't really be clear unless we figure out a proper way to vote.

I'm not certain on what my position is with abraker's thoughts. But I have this to say, at least.

Even then, there's some familiar things in this sort of situation.

...maybe...

Well, it'll take some debating, I suppose.

abraker wrote:

Letting external entities choose a leader for a community they are not part of is sabotaging the community for those who are part of it.

I call forth every denizen of OT, are you ok with this?
I'm wary of that decision. It's somewhat akin to letting people outside of your country and citizenship to vote for your next president. It's very difficult to trust.

With that, I guess I'll have to say I'm just not okay with it.

That isn't to say I'd be sure of that happening right now. I frankly have no idea if this sort of thing is what's happening, and though it's something I'm doubtful of, it's always possible. But if that's all we've got, I can't just accuse someone out of that possibility.
Dialect
can't believe this is a thing lmao..

i'm not gonna vote, but i'll be watching.. :)
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Whoa, I just woke up to 3 forum pages.

About the legitimacy of the votes, I agree that it's pretty hard to make sure that everything is legitimate.
So I'm willing to reset this phase and use another better voting method if you guys want.
If most of the candidates and denizens would agree, I'll reset the whole phase.
Achromalia
Hmm.

I wonder if we should debate on what voting method we should use before we do anything.

But I'd still somewhat consider the possibility of just continuing this phase instead, it kinda depends.

I think we need a way to identify who has voted. I'm assuming we're still doing an anonymous vote, but would it be possible to just state we've voted for Candidate A, B, C, or D? How would that play out, and for what reasons would any method be any better?

What does everyone think?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
I'm thinking if we'd reset this phase, this time we'll use a 3rd party site to manage the voting. I am thinking of using a Google docs form where voters have to leave their username and their vote in it. That would make identifying voters much easier, making double checking for legitimacy easier and keep the voting numbers confidential until the end of the election where I'll announce the statistics.
Zain Sugieres
ashton's a fucking libtard
B1rd
Or, you could just use the private messaging system instead of using a third party site in which you have no way of verifying that people are who they say they are except for asking them on the native site.
TeeArctic1
Okay but why do we even do this without an OT Constitution though? The OT bazaar and Cider supports whomever supports them btw
Zain Sugieres
you need the first president to sign the constitution obviously
TeeArctic1
But there isn't even anything to sign yet, where is the pen to sign it? Where are the worker's unions? (except the union of drinks)
This is chaos
I vote to postpone the election until we have a functional baseline to base OT on
abraker
Elections first, rules later.

Rules on how to run elections?

Preposterous! We are off to a great start!
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
So should I restart phase 3?
I mean, I doubt anyone actually cheated in the election but just to be sure, I can always reset this phase and use a better method of voting.
abraker
yes
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

NOTICE

After further discussing with denizens and reconsideration, we have concluded that this voting poll is too open for vote manipulations and other security issues.
Therefore, this voting poll has been canceled and the votes on this thread will not be counted as actual votes.
A new thread dedicated for voting has made in the place of this one.

I am sorry for any inconveniences that this have caused and I would implore that anyone who've voted would take some of their time to re-cast their vote on the new thread here: https://old.ppy.sh/forum/t/875144