forum

[resolved] Randomly failing at the end

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GameDiction
I created a beatmap. In editor test play I do not randomly fail at the end. But in real play I randomly fail at the end. Can someone explain what causes this issue?
Death
If you have a bunch of notes that are overlapping (placed at the same time), that can cause you to suddenly fail right at the end of the map. Make sure you don't have anything like that in your map.

Or, if your map ends right before the end of your audio file, and you have an offset set, that can also cause you to suddenly fail right when the map finishes.

Can you export the map locally, upload it somewhere and then share the download link?
Topic Starter
GameDiction

Death wrote:

If you have a bunch of notes that are overlapping (placed at the same time), that can cause you to suddenly fail right at the end of the map. Make sure you don't have anything like that in your map.

Or, if your map ends right before the end of your audio file, and you have an offset set, that can also cause you to suddenly fail right when the map finishes.

Can you export the map locally, upload it somewhere and then share the download link?

By overlapping do you mean 2 notes appearing at the same time or a note in the middle of a slider?
Also, why do you randomly fail at the end when there are overlapping notes. Is there a reason? I don't plan to rank this map as it's just a map I made for fun. But it's really weird failing at the end randomly with a full hp bar
Death
Generally, notes or multiple notes in the middle of a slider, but I don't think it is impossible to cause issues with two notes appearing at the same time. Technically two notes at the same time is not supported by the game (even though it works a lot of the time anyway).

As for the actual reason you fail, I couldn't tell you. I'm sure some dev has provided a brief explanation somewhere, but I can't find it.
Topic Starter
GameDiction

Death wrote:

Generally, notes or multiple notes in the middle of a slider, but I don't think it is impossible to cause issues with two notes appearing at the same time. Technically two notes at the same time is not supported by the game (even though it works a lot of the time anyway).

As for the actual reason you fail, I couldn't tell you. I'm sure some dev has provided a brief explanation somewhere, but I can't find it.

Alright. Thanks for the help. It's quite sad acutally because notes in the middle of sliders could be quite creative and fun to play with (eg. Slider for music and then a note for voices)
Hope to see this bug fixed in the future.
Death
There are ways of getting maps like that to work without failing, but it's slightly tricky I guess. Just foundthis guide... not sure if it works, but you can try (also the pictures are gone). Pishifat also made a video that kind of describes how to get around the issues. Again, not 100% how accurate it is, but you can try watching it.
Topic Starter
GameDiction

Death wrote:

There are ways of getting maps like that to work without failing, but it's slightly tricky I guess. Just foundthis guide... not sure if it works, but you can try (also the pictures are gone). Pishifat also made a video that kind of describes how to get around the issues. Again, not 100% how accurate it is, but you can try watching it.

Much thanks! I'll be sure to let you know if it works.

EDIT: It works! The video was simple to understand and also gave correct solutions.