forum

[resolved] Error reading the Songs directory

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Assert
Problem details: So today I turned on my PC and osu! just wouldn't launch. Yesterday it worked fine. I get the same error with osu!Stream Companion. Thank you in advance.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death
That directory is appearing though, correct? C:\Users\adam\AppDAta\Local\osu!\Songs is actually there?

Try restarting your computer again.

If you restart and it's still not working, make sure you don't have some AV software or something that is preventing you from reading the file. Or, make sure you actually have correct permission to read from that folder. Not sure why that would be giving you a FileNotFoundException, but it's worth a shot.

Does stream companion also access that exact folder? Or is this just a general issue that you are having with other folders as well?
Topic Starter
Assert
i made the folder now accesable by everyone, it was administrator only. Stream companion now works but when I start osu! I get this weird window asking me what version and resolution I want to use. I click start, but nothing happens, osu! doesn't launch

Edit: Also in task manager osu uses up quite a bit of my CPU power and I can't close it.
Death

adamik17 wrote:

Stream companion now works but when I start osu! I get this weird window asking me what version and resolution I want to use.
Can you take a picture of this window? I'm assuming this is the repair window, but if it's something Stream companion related, try not using Stream companion for a bit.
Topic Starter
Assert
it is the repair window, i checked online because now it doesnt show at all

Edit: it lookes like this:
Death
It normally doesn't show up. Usually just appears when you hold shift while starting the game, which you could have possibly done.

So we've gotten past the Songs directory error, right? Now, when you start the game nothing happens except it appears in your task manager and just sits there?
Topic Starter
Assert
i start the game and after a few minutes this window pops up. this is weird, because my computer is pretty fast. Like I said, yesterday I was playing the game with no problems.
[Shiny]
I experimented the same crash, in my case was because one (or some, idk) of the Aspire maps was crashing my game, did you by causality downloaded them?
Death

ShinyNinetales wrote:

I experimented the same crash, in my case was because one (or some, idk) of the Aspire maps was crashing my game, did you by causality downloaded them?
The same crash meaning the exact same crash log as the one displayed in the picture that was posted in this thread? Because if not, then your crash is likely completely different than the one in this thread.

adamik17 wrote:

i start the game and after a few minutes this window pops up. this is weird, because my computer is pretty fast. Like I said, yesterday I was playing the game with no problems.
I mean't after you hit start osu! from that window. Also I still don't know how that would be popping up. Are you accidentally clicking on the repair osu! executable in your osu! folder?
Topic Starter
Assert
ok I reinstalled osu and now everything works fine. thank you everyone. please close the thread