forum

Questions about tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RainF1re
So I have been playing osu for around 11hours and rn Im at 539,821 rank. Im thinking about buying a tablet but I have some questions.
1) Will it take me a lot of time to adjust to using a tablet and being at the same lvl as I am with my mouse?
2) Did buying a tablet help you in improving or at least feel more comfortable?
Thank you !
TexxyK
First of all, buying a tablet isn't going to make you into a better player. A tablet is a different way of playing and that's it. Second, you will get used to using a tablet in a short period of time, at least I got used to it in a few days of playing. Thirdly, a tablet is NECESSARY only at the top, but in my opinion, it's more fun to play with a tablet instead of a mouse.

Consider getting one of these 2 tablets, because they are cheap and an expensive one isn't necessary at a low skill level.

https://www.amazon.com/420-Tablet-Inches-Graphics-Drawing/dp/B01AMW8UUM
https://www.amazon.de/XP-Pen-Grafiktablett-Spielen-Tablett-Druckempfindlichkeitsstufen/dp/B079BQ1BKH/ref=sr_1_22_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1551207885&sr=8-22-spons&keywords=xp-pen+star&psc=1

Personally, I am using the xp-pen G430S and it hasn't stunted my play at all, yet.
cravenfiner
it’s not necessary
Vuelo Eluko
keigoclear never got used to tablet he ended up going back to mouse back in the day
Carmlillball
I didn't buy my tablet for Osu!. I still mainly use it for digital art. If it weren't for my art, I would've likely stuck with mouse. For me, it started of being convenient to use a tablet because I get fed up with switching between my tablet and my mouse for different stuff. Now, however, it's due to skill too. I'd say that having a tablet really helped me to get to 4* maps. I used to mostly use mouse for 3* maps but I can't do that anymore because I'm too used to tablet.

I'm glad I've switched, but this is personal choice.
Neky
Switching to tablet would definetly require some time. It really makes no difference from mouse besides from ''mouse drifting'' (accidently positioning your mouse differently usually, happens on long maps)

I would suggest you buy:Wacom-One-Small-2017 (and since i see you are from Greece search it up on skroutz it definetly is the best deal)