forum

[Archived] Osu Crash on Song Select

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iaport
Problem details: When I try to play osu, the game lags on the menu screen then crashes after a few seconds, leaving me unable to play. Maybe it's the new aspire mappack, because the problem began immediately after downloading the pack.

osu! version: Stable 20190226.2 (latest)
Death

iaport wrote:

Maybe it's the new aspire mappack, because the problem began immediately after downloading the pack.
Have you tried removing the maps then?
[Shiny]
Can confirm aspire maps may broke the game, I was experimenting lag and crashes after importing them into the game, and effectively, they dissapeared when I removed them from the Songs folder. I removed them all, not sure which one is causing the problems, or if there are several which does that (but something says me it's the 896 stars one)
Death

ShinyNinetales wrote:

Can confirm aspire maps may broke the game, I was experimenting lag and crashes after importing them into the game, and effectively, they dissapeared when I removed them from the Songs folder. I removed them all, not sure which one is causing the problems, or if there are several which does that (but something says me it's the 896 stars one)
Weird, I was able to import and play all of them just fine. There were a few that did cause me to lag for a short amount of time and then recover, but nothing really seemed to come close to causing a crash. I suppose slightly weaker computers could have quite a few issues.
[Shiny]
Yeah it's weird, at first the lag (and a later crash) occured when I switched from standard to any mode (actually I just played taiko and ctb but I guess that would happen with mania too). Curiously, selecting a song in the middle of the lag (before the lag grow/crash happens) made osu! go back to normal, and then proceed to play the song properly, without lag or problems, appearing the lag again when going back to the song selection menu. This makes me think it's just related to beatmap processing. Also can confirm this happen with several maps of the bunch, because I tested it deleting only 3 maps (the ones which seemed most game-breaking to me) and the lag was still present.
It may be a hardware problem as well though, my computer isn't that powerful, so that can also explain the bad behavior.

(Not sure if this details would help, but I guess wouldn't hurt to say them)
Death
Aspire maps break a lot of things, so it's not entirely unexpected.