forum

Appropriate rank?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
relldor
My rank was a lot worse than my friend who is worse than me, just wondering what rank should i have? I'm currently around rank #300k and i usually play 5-6 star maps.
Daylight--
Your rank is fine
Gopal12

KingKuriboh wrote:

My rank was a lot worse than my friend who is worse than me, just wondering what rank should i have? I'm currently around rank #300k and i usually play 5-6 star maps.

Way above your skill level. PLay 4* or easier 5* maps
Juuuuuuuuul
who is your friend then we can compare.
Looking at your plays, 300k seems well deserved.
Vuelo Eluko

Gopal12 wrote:

KingKuriboh wrote:

Way above your skill level. PLay 4* or easier 5* maps
way above his farm level anyway

op play what you like, pp farming skill and hard passing farm are very loosely correlated. You could be 1k pp and pass big black where I still can't. By the sound of things you care about rank too though so I think you should do both, go for hard passes and fc easier stuff, alternating between the two.
illyTheKid
I'm not an expert but if you care about rank you should probably play maps in which you can get high accuracy. I'm higher rank than you and I play 3-4 star maps. Your friend could be worse but he could also be playing maps on his level and gets high accuracy resulting in higher rank.
Tad Fibonacci
What are ranks?
Rikii
Just play for funa nd dont pay attention to your rank. But since you are concern about your rank, I assume that you care about your rank.

Your rank is based on your Performance Points(PP).

Lets say you and your friend played the same map with 5-6* diff.
He played very poorly and it worth 50pp, in the other hand you played better than him and earned 100pp.
And then you played 4*. He got FC and 160pp and you only got 100pp for playing decent.

The PP will then be calculated and I will not explain how it is done, but I can tell you for sure that playing good at lower diff gives you more PP than playing decent/poorly at higher diff.