forum

[osu!standard] lapix - Nexta by DTM9 Nowa

posted
Total Posts

Should lapix - Nexta by DTM9 Nowa be Loved?

Yes
90.36%
No
9.64%
Total votes: 197
Polling ended
Topic Starter
clayton
Main thread: [osu!standard] Project Loved: Week of February 24th

lapix - Nexta by DTM9 Nowa, downpour and Nite

Captain's description (by waywern2012):
Next up we have a map from DTM9 Nowa. This 160 BPM map "Nexta" from Lapix is truly a challenging one. With many difficulties to choose from, they all have a different approach on the map. The theme of the map overall is simple: technical. With a wide variety of spaced jumpstreams, back-and-forth jumps and difficult patterns, especially on downpour's difficulty, it challenges every player that will play this map! Will you take it on? Come prove your technical abilities; it won't be easy!

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
Akeruyri
This one can be ranked dont love it
Mayflower

Akeruyri wrote:

if it's submitted for loved the mapper obviously doesn't want to rank it....

also, it objectively can't be ranked because the map spread is unrankable.
Wriothesley

Akeruyri wrote:

you wanna try to get a 8.22* ranked? lol
Akeruyri
Theres plenty of ranked 8 stars lol
Wriothesley

Akeruyri wrote:

Theres plenty of ranked 8 stars lol
uhhhhhhhhhhhhh if ranked my diff would be in the top 15 hardest ranked maps in the game

it's not even reasonable. people specifically asked us to put this in loved, because they felt it wasn't appropriate for rank.
Topic Starter
clayton
please don't use Loved like a substitute for Ranked, the idea of "going for Loved" doesn't really match with what the category is supposed to be and especially using Loved as a "my map can't get ranked because I didn't try hard enough" is a little sad

I'm not going to stop any maps just bc of that, but I wish people would respect what Loved means a little more \o/
Wriothesley

clayton wrote:

please don't use Loved like a substitute for Ranked, the idea of "going for Loved" doesn't really match with what the category is supposed to be and especially using Loved as a "my map can't get ranked because I didn't try hard enough" is a little sad

I'm not going to stop any maps just bc of that, but I wish people would respect what Loved means a little more \o/

While it's nice to think of mappers as having infinite energy who can rank anything it they try, it's really hard to rank a map like that, and that directly takes away from our time for other maps. This map would not get the kind of effort from us for ranked, so the choice was loved or grave. I felt personally that this map doesn't deserve to sit in the grave, and it seems that the community mostly agrees. I think that's what loved is for, especially given that I didn't hear anything from the loved team when maps like Everything Black got loved.
Topic Starter
clayton

downpour wrote:

the choice was loved or grave

my point was that, ideally, mappers could not "choose" to have their maps Loved. sorry if that wasn't clear in my first post

not sure why Everything Black has any relevance here, it was a valid Loved submission that passed the vote like any other Loved map from the Captain's Pick system
Wriothesley

clayton wrote:

downpour wrote:

the choice was loved or grave

my point was that, ideally, mappers could not "choose" to have their maps Loved. sorry if that wasn't clear in my first post

by 'choosing' grave i meant opting out of loved, sorry if that was unclear

clayton wrote:

not sure why Everything Black has any relevance here, it was a valid Loved submission that passed the vote like any other Loved map from the Captain's Pick system

because it is possibly the worst map with a leaderboard in the game from an objective standpoint. You may be annoyed with mappers 'going' for loved (which is nearly impossible), but I have MUCH bigger issues with low quality maps getting leaderboards.
Topic Starter
clayton
mapping quality isn't and won't be considered for the Loved category, sorry

this project is about giving the full community a voice