forum

When to start practicing oni?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Timeattack
I FCed a bunch of muzukashiis so I'm wondering if I should keep on farming those and get really good at them or switch straight to oni and practice those more in order to get better. I use kddk and can do most early oni patterns individually. I cant really do multiple patterns in a map tho.
dragonworm
keep playing and practice oni whenever you want
Edgar_Figaro
I'd say play a few Oni's a day and work on a few new patterns at a time. Keep playing some harder Muzukashii's as well though just to improve speed/reading
Akazukin-MK2
It's never too early to start, try the slow ones first if your eyes get tired.
mulraf
i'm currently getting better at oni's and it's really a tough step in my opinion. from my perspective muzukashii's are very similar in difficulty. there are some faster and some weirder ones but ultimately once you got them down they shouldn't be a problem anymore. on the other hand oni's are very different. there are 3* onis, 4* onis even 5* onis. but star rating also starts getting really trippy in comparison to the beginning. so it might be hard to get into it.
if you currently play maps that have like lots of triplets of the same colors and lots of single notes then you should start doing some maps that have patterns with aab or abb. https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/110292#taiko/303142 this was a extremely great gateway oni for me since it has some of these patterns but just a few sprinkled in there :D so try playing both muzukashii and oni a bit and just have fun with it :D