forum

[Archived] osu capped at 600 fps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OhhWiddz
Problem details: So i have a laptop with a i5-6200u and a 920m. Osu runs with the same 1.7ms (600fps) in any resolution and i think it can run many more tan that specially since i play 4:3
mihari
you can change your custom fps cap in your config file located in your osu folder, it should be named osu!.<name>.cfg

there you can change the "CustomFrameLimit" to whatever you would like.
caree
Go to this:
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\osu!

Or where ever you got your osu! installed.

Run repair osu! and make sure "frame limiter" is set to "Unlimited".

Topic Starter
OhhWiddz
i did that and it still caps by itself i dont know if it has to do with osu or with some config of my pc
Topic Starter
OhhWiddz

caree wrote:

Go to this:
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\osu!

Or where ever you got your osu! installed.

Run repair osu! and make sure "frame limiter" is set to "Unlimited".

when i try compatibility mode it say an error with OpenGL
caree
OpenGL mostly only works for Nvidia users. Try to see if your graphic card is running the latest driver update.
Death

caree wrote:

OpenGL mostly only works for Nvidia users. Try to see if your graphic card is running the latest driver update.
OpenGL is the renderer the game uses, regardless of the type of GPU a person has. It is not something specific to people with nvidia graphics cards.

The specific error message they are talking about is probably an issue with their Intel graphics drivers. There are a ton of threads for it, which is why this exists:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.

Also, 1.7ms actually seems pretty reasonable for a 920m card. Honestly not sure how much more you are going to get out of it, but you might be able to squeeze a bit more frames out if you just make sure you aren't running anything else in the background while playing.
caree
This might help squeeze out that extra fps. Just keep it at high, realtime might cause game to crash not fully sure though.
Tobias Leander
I believe its set to high by default, but if not its definitely worth a try, also if you have a laptop you could disable battery saving mode and set your power to max performance. As Death said 1.7ms isn't too surprising for your gpu, maybe its time for an upgrade perhaps?
Topic Starter
OhhWiddz

Death wrote:

caree wrote:

OpenGL is the renderer the game uses, regardless of the type of GPU a person has. It is not something specific to people with nvidia graphics cards.

The specific error message they are talking about is probably an issue with their Intel graphics drivers. There are a ton of threads for it, which is why this exists:

Death wrote:

Please make sure your Intel graphics drivers are up to date. Intel released a fix for this specific issue in all of their driver versions 15.46 and higher. If you get your graphics drivers through a computer manufacturer, they may use a different versioning scheme and their most recent drivers may still have this issue. It is good idea to download them directly from Intel's website.

Temporary solutions include: Running osu! with integrated graphics and disabling compatibility mode if applicable. It is highly recommended you fix this issue permanently by downloading up to date drivers.

If you believe you have enabled compatibility mode, navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg". Verify that the line "CompatibilityContext" is set to 0. If it is not, change it and save the file. Otherwise, this was not the cause.
Also, 1.7ms actually seems pretty reasonable for a 920m card. Honestly not sure how much more you are going to get out of it, but you might be able to squeeze a bit more frames out if you just make sure you aren't running anything else in the background while playing.
ive allready updated all of my drivers and it still wont work
Death

Phantomhive wrote:

Compatibility mode won't work, or you are still getting 600fps?

I'm not sure how much better your performance is going to get even with compatibility mode, so it might not even be worth the trouble trying to figure out how to fix the issue. However, updating your drivers isn't the only thing listed in my post. Also, some people were getting that error to pop up when plugging in an external monitor and using that instead of their built in display, which isn't listed in my last post. If that applies to you, try unplugging that for a bit just to see if it works.
Topic Starter
OhhWiddz

Death wrote:

Phantomhive wrote:

Compatibility mode won't work, or you are still getting 600fps?

I'm not sure how much better your performance is going to get even with compatibility mode, so it might not even be worth the trouble trying to figure out how to fix the issue. However, updating your drivers isn't the only thing listed in my post. Also, some people were getting that error to pop up when plugging in an external monitor and using that instead of their built in display, which isn't listed in my last post. If that applies to you, try unplugging that for a bit just to see if it works.
that compatibility mode wont work and yes i do use a external monitor and unplugin it still wont fix the compatibility error apart from that for some weird reason on the monitor of my laptop i get even less fps. My external monitor is 1080 and my laptop monitor is 1320.
owouwuowu
600 fps? I feel like you shouldn't worry about it. Mine runs at 300 fps and its very smooth in my eyes, so 600 should be absolutely fine for normal gaming.
Topic Starter
OhhWiddz

owouwuowu wrote:

600 fps? I feel like you shouldn't worry about it. Mine runs at 300 fps and its very smooth in my eyes, so 600 should be absolutely fine for normal gaming.
i guess but its a little weird that it caps at 600 thats why made the post
owouwuowu

Phantomhive wrote:

owouwuowu wrote:

i guess but its a little weird that it caps at 600 thats why made the post

Well, still, i dont believe you should be too worried. Unless it causes an error, i think it'll be fine

sorryifisoundrude--