forum

Nothing Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LazerLove
this thread is to do nothing just ignore it
abraker
Yea most of the subforums like to end themselves in the same way as the fate of collision test dummy. Even OT has its own fair share of toxicity like when the shitpsting thread got locked, but we have been able to show we can do better (miraculously).

I believe the main rivals to "toxicity" to OT are G&R and GD. G&R is the same repetitive stuff while GD has an identity crisis. OT has its shit in a superposition of being sorted out and in flames, and we can't ask for anything better. This is best described in the following:

Also,

LazerLove wrote:

2- Please avoid talking about things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread
You are at the mercy of everyone. Your rules mean nothing, and we would love to break them. If we apply that to the Spanish forum, it died because someone tried to control it. You try to prevent shitposts, so more people try to shitpost, you try harder, and so on. You can watch the runaway effect in action starting here.

LazerLove wrote:

3- Be serious, this thread is not for fooling around.
This is OT, there is fooling around by default. If we remain on-topic after a few shitposts from Meah and a few others consider it a blessing.
Tad Fibonacci

abraker wrote:

Yea most of the subforums like to end themselves in the same way as the fate of collision test dummy. Even OT has its own fair share of toxicity like when the shitpsting thread got locked, but we have been able to show we can do better (miraculously).

I believe the main rivals to "toxicity" to OT are G&R and GD. G&R is the same repetitive stuff while GD has an identity crisis. OT has its shit in a superposition of being sorted out and in flames, and we can't ask for anything better. This is best described in the following:

Also,

LazerLove wrote:

2- Please avoid talking about things that have nothing to do with the topic of the thread
You are at the mercy of everyone. Your rules mean nothing, and we would love to break them. If we apply that to the Spanish forum, it died because someone tried to control it. You try to prevent shitposts, so more people try to shitpost, you try harder, and so on. You can watch the runaway effect in action starting here.

LazerLove wrote:

3- Be serious, this thread is not for fooling around.
This is OT, there is fooling around by default. If we remain on-topic after a few shitposts from Meah and a few others consider it a blessing.
Topic Starter
LazerLove
Im sorry, I just realized that I posted this in the wrong place lol
Achromalia
It's actually pretty fun to stick around. A lot of the lads here are people I'd already want to consider as friends, like Westonini, Penguin, tad, john, and such. This sort of community is quite sanity-grinding with the crazy shit we pull for whatever fuck-all sort of reasons we have.

Meah's the self-obsessed lovely dork and voluntary anti-hero, for example. A true anomaly in personality around OT.

Ashton's the tea-enthusiast and opportunistic crook that gets into trouble somehow, I guess.

Uh... I'm not sure how I'd describe everyone, but it's a bit like that.

So yeah, we just kinda act like a fuckton of fools.

Being idiotic and getting in foolish exchanges with other OT!President candidates, as a recent example. I'm making random exchanges between Ashton and Zain for the hell of it for now.

I still act outside of "candidacy" mode and as myself, just kinda being myself and giving my honest thoughts. I'd like to consider "candidacy" mode as the sort of mode that would implore one to accuse or pick at arguments. I'm kinda like that by nature but in reality, would highly prefer not to do that. Not the wisest thing to do, as boldly volunteering to be the wrench that throws itself onto others' plans is kinda self-destructive, but I'm interested in seeing how the "OT!Presidency a la Renaissance Arc" turns out with this approach. Hopefully it'll be pretty fun and heated.

I'm also making my own sort of story with the Shitposter Achromatism mess with Shit-10 News.

I've had some really great interactions here as of late and I'm starting to enjoy OT a bit more.

Had a rocky couple moments with my analysis on others' behaviors and shit but agh.

Anyways, OT's pretty wild sometimes, at least, a bit more wild now that we've recently been fucking around a bit more.

Good stuff. Hope it continues as we proceed into the new era.
Tad Fibonacci
Noooooo Lazer changed the original thread.
Now we look like idiots.
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

Noooooo Lazer changed the original thread.
Now we look like idiots.
But aren't we already idiots? :o
Topic Starter
LazerLove

abraker wrote:

I think you misunderstood things.

1- I already apologize, I was supposed to post this in GD but I missed it.

2- The shitpost section in the Spanish forum was deleted and for that reason it is inactive, I do not say that you are toxic or anything like that, but the toxic people ruined that forum and the only thing I wanted was to help a little and make this thread .

3- I do not try to prevent the shitpost, the shitpost is good I DO SHITPOST. The only thing I wanted was for people to give their opinion about this community

salu2
abraker
Here is the original post, in case anyone is wondering

Topic Starter
LazerLove

abraker wrote:

Here is the original post, in case anyone is wondering

I put it in GD
abraker
That's too far away
Aiseca
GD is desolate lol...
Topic Starter
LazerLove

abraker wrote:

That's too far away

but it is right above us

Aiseca wrote:

GD is desolate lol...

its the only place where that thread makes sense. Precisely for this reason the forum in Spanish is dead, if you eliminate the shitpost you are literally killing the community, of course everything has its limits. In this case, the rules were broken and the thread was removed.
Aiseca
Just a curious one here, please explain to me on what level the Spanish channel is dead?
At what basis....
Because to me it's strange, been seeing Spanish players everywhere....
Serraionga
nothing

.-...
.-.-

also, you don't have to bring awareness to other subs in regards to the spanish sub's situation

spanish mods have no intention of changing their minds and it has been that way ever since i arrived here (which is like 2 years ago), it's all the users fault in their small bubble

(this is part of the reason why i didn't bother replying to walter in your other thread)

let them think that way while we funpost in this sacred land
Topic Starter
LazerLove

Aiseca wrote:

Just a curious one here, please explain to me on what level the Spanish channel is dead?
At what basis....
Because to me it's strange, been seeing Spanish players everywhere....

The forum is dead like my grandfather. The problem arises when the thread of shitpost became a circus of insults and disgusting images. The moderators warned that the thread would be destroyed but nobody paid attention. The thread was closed, people no longer entered the forum and the moderators lost confidence in us. It is not uncommon to see people from the old forum in Spanish here. WalterToro can talk to you about that.
Aiseca
So this is the Spanish equivalent of the thread you posted in GD I assume?
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/867732
It's an interesting conversation there is, I say......
johnmedina999
I have no idea what this thread is for anymore. The topic has changed three, maybe four times in the last page. It has to be a new record.
Serraionga
nothing is a very weird topic indeed
Aiseca
C
pentaqola
nothing can be everything.
johnmedina999

pentaqola wrote:

nothing can be everything.
Then I guess abraker can have dominion over everything, then. Kinda worrying.
Aiseca
OT Chronicles Update when?
abraker
when I format the shit with links properly and figure out where it's most appropriate to mark the start of the era

I might delay it until elections are over
Achromalia
(The god of nothing cannot add anything to the OT Chronicles, for he merely controls nothing.)

...mmh?

Oh, uh, nothing.