forum

OT President election 2019 - Second phase

posted
Total Posts
show more
Zain Sugieres
my favorite food is rice and thats why im the best candidate (obviously apart from the fact im just intelligent and handsome and most qualified for the job)
abraker
What are official questions anymore?
Meah
Sasuga Zain-sama
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
It's been more than 12 hours since the first question. If candidate Ashton will not show up to answer, we will have to move on to next questions.
Achromalia
The silence is rather concerning.

Ashton? You around?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Candidate Ashton took too long to answer. We shall move on and continue without him.
Failure to answer questions 3 times will lead to disqualification.

As stated before, there weren't enough questions from OT denizens so I have collected and compiled a set of popular questions for the candidates to answer.
We are still open for any further questions though. Any denizen wanting to question the candidates can send their questions to me and I will pick out some questions for the candidates to answer.

Now on to the next question:

In the past, how have you responded to, evaluated and learned from mistakes – your own and those of your team?
Ashton
Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to apologize for my lack of presence in the previous question, due to me being on an Airplane for the majority of the day I couldn’t keep up.

Mistakes are something that are inevitable; you can’t avoid them. It’s best to make smaller mistakes early on so that you can avoid the bigger ones. The most difficult thing is realizing and accepting you have made a mistake in the first place. Failure to do do could lead you down the wrong path.

When making a mistake I will often examine why I made it in the first place and how I can avoid it in the future.

My party used to only provide powdered, machine generated tea bags (which often contained traces of alcohol) to our people however we have realized that compared to loose leaf teas, it’s a drastic step backwards in terms of quality. It was more efficient and cheaper than loose leaf teas which is why we have chosen that as our option of production, but for the sake of the happiness and integrity of our team we upgraded the production of our tea to be made only from natural resources.
Zain Sugieres
I've never made any mistakes in my life and only learned on others mistakes
abraker
Science is all about making mistakes, it is all about testing various hypotheses and analyzing the results. that is how you learn. For real accidents, shit gets really real. That time when so many barrels of 99% alcohol washed away into G&R was a huge fuck up, and I got what was coming from the OT Royal Society. Ultimately you add in new precautions so that it doesn't happen again.

As for my team, I believe it's a matter of communication and willingness to care. Obviously if your team doesn't care you got a shitty team. There was a certain frog on the Science Faculty some long time ago. That frog never listened to me, always messing things up in my lab. I kept him around as a test subject, however. Some mistakes are more strategic than blatant accidents.
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

In the past, how have you responded to, evaluated and learned from mistakes – your own and those of your team?
It takes a while of proper contemplation.

For example, typically I'd reflect on each of these events and see what compounded and led to things from different perspectives, as perspective is rather crucial. In the understanding that others may misinterpret what you mean by what you say, or to misconstrue the intent behind said words, it'd be important to consider that what you say can affect people quite different from others, and that you must funnel their thoughts to what you're really getting to.

Thus, one would learn to be sincere, and be concise.

In that manner, communication may be a bit easier.

Such is the process of evaluating and responding to prior mistakes.

I'm not much of a person who holds teams, but I'd ideally try and get to understand what's going on. The mistakes may vary. Really, it's a matter of finding an effective way to prevent shit from happening again or decreasing either the likelihood or issues that misfortune would cause. There's bound to be problems in which you're caught in blind decisions, likely to fuck you over. You'd need to learn to be prepared and expect things to go wrong, in all accounts, as a matter of your own mistakes and the mistakes of others.

Preparation and the doggard attitude it'd take to keep going past it. In my eyes, it's endurance. Patience through each mistake and reconsidering what causes these things, and preparing against such things accordingly.

That's about all I have.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Since all candidates have stated their answers, we will move on to the next question.

What could cause you to fail as the President?
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

What could cause you to fail as the President?
I'd sadly fail if I cannot protect the right to the well-placed existence of shitposts here in OT.

In other words, the locking of essential threads that may be beneficial to further shitposts by the mods.

It'll all go back into disuse and conflict. We cannot let that happen.

It'd be so... boring, really. It's likely to lack the creativity each of us OT denizens would bring, if we cannot have our shitposts.

That is my focus, after all.
abraker
When denizens would want reelections. Simple as that.
ColdTooth
me
Ashton
My past record and the hatred I receive from a few select denziens. I’ve improved immensely from the past, and even won a court case when being falsely evicted just recently.

If you vote for me, I will not disappoint and do whatever I can to improve this nation.
Zain Sugieres
theres no way i would fail
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Next question:

Tell us about a time when your judgment has been tested in crisis. What do you want us to appreciate about your judgment?
Zain Sugieres
one time i had to choose whether i wanted a chocolate or rose doughnut and i chose rose and also you should trust me as im most qualified and most intelligent
Ashton
I use a fair consideration of multiple different factors before casting any judgement.

I believe everybody and everything should have a voice and be taken seriously.

I had to once choose between firing an employee for being gay, and I decided to keep her, because I realize it’s ok to be gay!
abraker
There was a time when OT was not active enough for the week. You better believe it was a crisis because OT not being active is like Defcon 1 on a "who cares?" to "APOCALYPTIC SHITPOST WAR" scale. So I was faced with a choice on whether to make a shitty thread to save OT or not. Well OT is alive and kicking well, so I'd say my judgement was on point. You got to appreciate that OT is now hosting a president election instead of being a second graveyard.

I may have embellished my case a bit, but I think we'd be set back by a few weeks if the wrong judgement was made.
Penguin

abraker wrote:

There was a time when OT was not active enough for the week. You better believe it was a crisis because OT not being active is like Defcon 1 on a "who cares?" to "APOCALYPTIC SHITPOST WAR" scale. So I was faced with a choice on whether to make a shitty thread to save OT or not. Well OT is alive and kicking well, so I'd say my judgement was on point. You got to appreciate that OT is now hosting a president election instead of being a second graveyard.

I may have embellished my case a bit, but I think we'd be set back by a few weeks if the wrong judgement was made.

Could we get a fact checker for this one? Not saying this is false, I'm just curious about the context and which thread it was.
abraker
my non chronicled, shitty threads currently laying between pages 5-8

Except this one. This one was not as shitty.
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

Next question:

Tell us about a time when your judgment has been tested in crisis. What do you want us to appreciate about your judgment?
A judgment of mine?

Well, egh...

I suppose the most I could really look to would be that one thread I made regarding Asriel. I had made it as a matter of testimony, and as a hope of clarification, that someone would give a shit to express why and exactly how it came to be in their eyes. I also believed it'd be good to give Asriel some method of voicing a perspective through personal experience, without having to go out there. I hoped to act as the mediator. I didn't think Asriel was really shitty enough of a person to be restricted and all, as I saw both parties at fault. I saw it in the perspective of instigation and provocation. I wanted it to just end already, but I should've known it'd be quite pointless, after realizing that yeah, this isn't the sorta place for that shit, and that considering the situation as it was, it would not be probable for any sort of change to occur.

It began after I had talked to Asriel to see how things are going, and I started to open up to the perspective presented, though with my own personal thoughts in mind. I was more of a lousy attempt at a mediator. I saw Asriel as a friend, for being rather docile, even pretty nice, around me. Strange? Perhaps. The whole gender shit didn't help, so eh. On that matter, I just called Asriel as was wished.

I don't know if there's much to appreciate in that. I don't know if anyone would see any reason to. I primarily believed Asriel to be otherwise decent enough and that was about it.

Not a great example, really.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
I'd like to thank the Presidential candidates for providing their answers.
The Second phase will end shortly after the following question since there haven't been a lot of questions provided by OT denizens.
After that, we will move on to the next and final phase of the election.

Next question:
What are your five core values and how do they shape how you lead?
Ashton
I need at least 12 hours of sleep before I can answer this properly
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Ashton wrote:

I need at least 12 hours of sleep before I can answer this properly
Sure, please take your time answering the questions.
abraker
1) Strive for high quality
2) Help others strive for high quality too
3) Search for those who need help
4) Help those who need help
5) Ensure bad acts don't go unpunished

I am here to give and I am am here to help. No, giving and helping is not enough. You have to look for it too and perhaps become annoyingly good at it too. The quietest things speak the loudest because that's when the walls start shaking apart. The best things happen when we both understand each other and not assume what the other side thinks. I can lead you through the start, but it's up to all of you to take it from there.
Zain Sugieres
i like money
Ashton
1) I strive for great, high quality posts
2) I also strive to help others aheive the same level of excellence by ensuring their health, and education is attended to
3) Honesty, integrity, and forgiveness
4) I want to make sure everybody is happy
5) I want everybody to be sure they can trust me

I will help others, as well as myself, to continue boosting the quality of OT. I won’t regect you based on past actions or behaviours and will accept you with open arms.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Notice

It's been over 12 hours since the last question was posted but candidate Achromalia still haven't answered them yet.
We will give Achromalia a little bit more time to answer the last question before the voting starts.
If candidate Achromalia would take too long to answer, the third phase of the election will start regardless.
Note that during the voting, all candidates are allowed to have further campaign speeches in either the election thread's 3rd phase or on their own dedicated thread for campaign speeches.

The 3rd phase thread will also serve as a live Q&A for denizens to ask candidates questions, be it related to the election or not. The candidates are not required to answer all of the questions in said thread and they can choose whether to answer certain questions or not.
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

What are your five core values and how do they shape how you lead?
I don't really know my core values. I just know that... that I'm myself.

and thus, I cannot properly answer.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Notice

Candidate Achromalia have decided to not answer the question.
The 2nd phase of the election is now concluded.
The 3rd phase of the election will start shortly.