forum

OT President election 2019 - Second phase

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

OT President election 2019

~Second phase~

This is the second phase of a 3 phase Presidential election campaign. All registered candidates are to be summoned to this thread to answer questions from denizens and debate. Failure to show up to this thread will lead to disqualification. Candidates that have been disqualified will not be able to continue on their campaign. Every candidate will have to show up in person, you cannot use representatives to attend this phase of the campaign.
The following candidates are to be summoned to this thread:

- Ashton
- Achromalia
- abraker
- Zain Sugieres
Sosteneshion
Aren't you going to partake?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

sosteneshion wrote:

Nah, I'm just hosting the election.
Sosteneshion

tad01123 wrote:

sosteneshion wrote:

Nah, I'm just hosting the election.
understandable have a great day sir
Zain Sugieres
d
abraker
Ashton
I am here to answer any questions or concerns OT!Denziens may have.
TheLegendaryHD
question for OT candidates : if somehow you can become immortal but you will have to spend 15 thousand years of your life stuck inside a solid rock, would you rather die ? or accept it
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

TheLegendaryHD wrote:

question for OT candidates : if somehow you can become immortal but you will have to spend 15 thousand years of your life stuck inside a solid rock, would you rather die ? or accept it
All of the candidates aren't here yet, please reserve your questions for later.
NeXt4r_
Candidate : Should I buy a osu!supporter or a tablet?
Vuelo Eluko
why am i not a candidate
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

why am i not a candidate
You've missed your chance.
You could've registered here: https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/871866
Vuelo Eluko
well thats bollocks
Achromalia
Well shit. I must've fallen asleep before this was posted.

Ready to post shit post-shitpost, shitposters.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Now that every candidates have shown up, let us begin.
Due to the lack of questions from OT denizens, I will also pick some popular questions for Presidential candidates along the way.
After everyone have posted their answers, we will move to another question.

First question, denizen Penguin asked:

Penguin wrote:

My question for the candidates is if they are in support of my proposed "Hand Thread" and similar threads in the future.
And because it's a relatively short question, there will be 2 questions. This one is also from Penguin:

Penguin wrote:

I'd like to ask all of the candidates what their opinions are on controversial food, such as raisin, pineapple, dark chocolate, Salt & Vinegar chips, etc etc.
All candidates, please state your answer of the 2 mentioned question. You can also state your opinions other candidate's opinions.

Any denizens who wishes to ask the candidates questions can still do so by sending their questions to my mail box.
Zain Sugieres
1st one idk do what u want dont care lol.

2nd idk same as first one i dont care i like all of the ones u asked about dark chocolate is great tbh ngl
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

First question, denizen Penguin asked:

Penguin wrote:

My question for the candidates is if they are in support of my proposed "Hand Thread" and similar threads in the future.
A hand thread is certainly something I'm not opposed to. It's perfectly normal to be fond of hands, they're what we use for...

...pretty much anything and everything. Unless you're preferably fond with legs, of course.

Nonetheless, I support it.

In favor of Hand Thread, aye.

tad01123 wrote:

This one is also from Penguin:

Penguin wrote:

I'd like to ask all of the candidates what their opinions are on controversial food, such as raisin, pineapple, dark chocolate, Salt & Vinegar chips, etc etc.
Raisins? Approved without doubt.

Pineapple? Quite a controversial choice, but as per personal opinion, I'll have to say something someone doesn't like or whatever. I'm in support of pineapple. Precautions may be made for pineapple on pizza, despite it being a valid topping in my eyes. C'mon, pineapples are great!

Dark chocolate? Slightly bitter but with time, I've gotten used to it. I'm alright with it and have developed a subtle fondness of it.

Salt & Vinegar chips don't seem too bad to me.

Put generally, pretty much every safely edible food is approved. If people have allergic reactions to them, for example, precautions are to be made, and we're to be mindful of their food allergies.
abraker
The Hand Thread is an extension of the great topical shitposts lead by the "____ Thread" types. Although I have nothing against there being a Hand Thread, some may question the point of it. To that I say what was the point of the Leg Thread. Let's just not get carried away making all sorts ____ Thread types though. We do no want to saturate the thread market.

I personally hate them, but I see no reason to ban them. Just because you hate something another person likes doesn't mean you can't get along with that person. Quite the opposite really, diversity is good.
Zain Sugieres
damn look at everyone copying my views
johnmedina999

Zain Sugieres wrote:

That's a weird way to say "I agree with you."
Achromalia

johnmedina999 wrote:

Zain Sugieres wrote:

That's a weird way to say "I agree with you."
I thought it meant "I'm running out of things to say to defend my reputation mid-candidacy so hey look over there".

Though I suppose it isn't against any sort of rule to blame others in your own defense, so not like it's much of a reason to care in the first place.
Meah
What are your favorite foods and why Zain is the best candidate?
Zain Sugieres
my favorite food is rice and thats why im the best candidate (obviously apart from the fact im just intelligent and handsome and most qualified for the job)
abraker
What are official questions anymore?
Meah
Sasuga Zain-sama
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
It's been more than 12 hours since the first question. If candidate Ashton will not show up to answer, we will have to move on to next questions.
Achromalia
The silence is rather concerning.

Ashton? You around?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Candidate Ashton took too long to answer. We shall move on and continue without him.
Failure to answer questions 3 times will lead to disqualification.

As stated before, there weren't enough questions from OT denizens so I have collected and compiled a set of popular questions for the candidates to answer.
We are still open for any further questions though. Any denizen wanting to question the candidates can send their questions to me and I will pick out some questions for the candidates to answer.

Now on to the next question:

In the past, how have you responded to, evaluated and learned from mistakes – your own and those of your team?
Ashton
Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to apologize for my lack of presence in the previous question, due to me being on an Airplane for the majority of the day I couldn’t keep up.

Mistakes are something that are inevitable; you can’t avoid them. It’s best to make smaller mistakes early on so that you can avoid the bigger ones. The most difficult thing is realizing and accepting you have made a mistake in the first place. Failure to do do could lead you down the wrong path.

When making a mistake I will often examine why I made it in the first place and how I can avoid it in the future.

My party used to only provide powdered, machine generated tea bags (which often contained traces of alcohol) to our people however we have realized that compared to loose leaf teas, it’s a drastic step backwards in terms of quality. It was more efficient and cheaper than loose leaf teas which is why we have chosen that as our option of production, but for the sake of the happiness and integrity of our team we upgraded the production of our tea to be made only from natural resources.
Zain Sugieres
I've never made any mistakes in my life and only learned on others mistakes
abraker
Science is all about making mistakes, it is all about testing various hypotheses and analyzing the results. that is how you learn. For real accidents, shit gets really real. That time when so many barrels of 99% alcohol washed away into G&R was a huge fuck up, and I got what was coming from the OT Royal Society. Ultimately you add in new precautions so that it doesn't happen again.

As for my team, I believe it's a matter of communication and willingness to care. Obviously if your team doesn't care you got a shitty team. There was a certain frog on the Science Faculty some long time ago. That frog never listened to me, always messing things up in my lab. I kept him around as a test subject, however. Some mistakes are more strategic than blatant accidents.
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

In the past, how have you responded to, evaluated and learned from mistakes – your own and those of your team?
It takes a while of proper contemplation.

For example, typically I'd reflect on each of these events and see what compounded and led to things from different perspectives, as perspective is rather crucial. In the understanding that others may misinterpret what you mean by what you say, or to misconstrue the intent behind said words, it'd be important to consider that what you say can affect people quite different from others, and that you must funnel their thoughts to what you're really getting to.

Thus, one would learn to be sincere, and be concise.

In that manner, communication may be a bit easier.

Such is the process of evaluating and responding to prior mistakes.

I'm not much of a person who holds teams, but I'd ideally try and get to understand what's going on. The mistakes may vary. Really, it's a matter of finding an effective way to prevent shit from happening again or decreasing either the likelihood or issues that misfortune would cause. There's bound to be problems in which you're caught in blind decisions, likely to fuck you over. You'd need to learn to be prepared and expect things to go wrong, in all accounts, as a matter of your own mistakes and the mistakes of others.

Preparation and the doggard attitude it'd take to keep going past it. In my eyes, it's endurance. Patience through each mistake and reconsidering what causes these things, and preparing against such things accordingly.

That's about all I have.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
Since all candidates have stated their answers, we will move on to the next question.

What could cause you to fail as the President?
Achromalia

tad01123 wrote:

What could cause you to fail as the President?
I'd sadly fail if I cannot protect the right to the well-placed existence of shitposts here in OT.

In other words, the locking of essential threads that may be beneficial to further shitposts by the mods.

It'll all go back into disuse and conflict. We cannot let that happen.

It'd be so... boring, really. It's likely to lack the creativity each of us OT denizens would bring, if we cannot have our shitposts.

That is my focus, after all.
abraker
When denizens would want reelections. Simple as that.
ColdTooth
me
Ashton
My past record and the hatred I receive from a few select denziens. I’ve improved immensely from the past, and even won a court case when being falsely evicted just recently.

If you vote for me, I will not disappoint and do whatever I can to improve this nation.
Zain Sugieres
theres no way i would fail
show more