forum

[Archived] Laggs/Stuttering ingame in Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DragoBruder
Hey,
Recently I'm getting really weird and random laggs.. Or stuttering... I tried everything... It started maybe 1 month ago.... A friend told be that I have to try the administrator mode. Worked well for 3-4 days. 60 fps everytime. Now I get random laggs/stutterings and I wonder how this is possible...

(I did that with the Cntrl + F11 trick. If someone can read that, tell me what is happening there.. (The white lines are appearing randomly. No matter if I play a map with many circles or a little amount of them.))

GPU: Asus GTX 660 (2GB)
CPU: Intel i7-2600k (4,6 Ghz)
Win 7 64bit

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Tobias Leander
try to go to task manager, right click osu and click go to details, right click osu.exe and set priority to RealTime.
if that didn't help I'd recommend trying some of the other stuff i have listed here!
Topic Starter
DragoBruder
It says "It couldn't be changed to RealTime, instead of that it changed to high" (Probably its not like 1:1 as I said but its in the right way)
I tried the one thing on the post with Superfetch but it was already turned off
(I will get my new GPU in probably 10-20 days, hope it works then... If not I will inform you.. But lets fix this here first)
Tobias Leander
Does it say access denied?
try this instead, Go to task manager right-click osu! and click 'go to process', then at the left bottom there should be a button that says "Show Processes from all users" click on that and then go back to applications and right-click osu! again and click go to process and then try to change the priority to RealTime.

If the lag still continues after that try to close any other program running in the background while playing osu, would also recommend to try the other stuff i mentioned in that forum post i linked and not just the superfetch part.
Topic Starter
DragoBruder
seems not really working... Maybe it changed a little bit... But at the first impressions I don't really see a change.. (I don't know if that's a problem or an issue but I don't have installed Nvidia Geforce Experience soo If I should. We could finish this task here.)
Tobias Leander

Tobias Leander wrote:

Update/Reinstall your Game Ready drivers from Nvidia if you use that.

No, it is not needed, it's not an issue if you don't have it, that's why I said "if you use it" in the post, have u tried updating your video drivers and the other stuff in the forum post, or do u only try one thing and then reply? one other thing u could try is open task manager and check if there's something using a lot of resources and close it, if nothing from closing all programs running in the background to everything else I have said in the forum post, I'm starting to believe its a hardware issue, feel free to let me know if the lag is gone or is still there after you get your new GPU.
Topic Starter
DragoBruder
I'm starting to believe its a hardware issue

Just saying, could be.. I think my GPU got a looooong way and is maybe over 4 years old... I didn't bought it completely new so it could be the problem. But I just try some things you talked about and yeah.... I will eventually talk to you sometime again ^^