forum

Pen Grips ;-;

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Razor
Hi, I'm really struggling with pen grips, I've had a tablet for months, but never been able to find a good grip, I used to drag but now I hover since it's easier for me, but holding the pen I just struggle...

this is my tablet area of which I hover on

my hand doesnt touch the tablet at all, and my fingers dont touch it either
not even my pinky, i just float my hand above and aim.. can anyone help me find a grip that works ;-; pls
Brainage
As someone who has played with their opposite hand several times in the past, it gets less uncomfortable over time. I haven't played opposite hand much but each time i do its slightly less uncomfortable than the last. You'll probably just have to play through it and eventually it'll be comfortable to play.
Topic Starter
Razor

Brainage wrote:

As someone who has played with their opposite hand several times in the past, it gets less uncomfortable over time. I haven't played opposite hand much but each time i do its slightly less uncomfortable than the last. You'll probably just have to play through it and eventually it'll be comfortable to play.

Brainage wrote:

Thank you for taking your time to respond to me :3
atheris_hispida
Like Brainage said, you'll eventually get used to it.

That said, I specifically switched to tablet so I could use my left hand for aiming, so it strikes me as odd that you'd purposefully use your right hand after getting one. I personally would just take the time to relearn tapping as well, but you do you.
lm2578
I personally would recommend to use your left hand for aiming. From personal experience, it took me less than one month to get as good with using my mouse with my left hand as I was with my right hand after several years. So I would say left handed people that use their right hand for aiming are limiting themselves.

I think you should at least try it out for a week or two. That is nothing compared to the amount of time, people typically have to practice to get good at streams.

Pen grip and area is something that has been much discussed and the general consensus is for each his own. Also there is nothing about your grip or area that strikes me as particular odd. I think people should experiment more and try out other people styles too, but that's an unpopular opinion.