forum

[Archived] Having input latency with CTL-490 on Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ExploXd
Problem details:
So, I have this huge issue with input latency (input lag) and it's literally unplayable (like it is playable but it's hard and I have no reason to make it more complexed for me to play with the tablet on Mac). The issue is with drivers, not the client. On Linux I had input-wacom which you can't use on Mac and they were so customisable so I was able to make them flawless for osu!. I mean, I could've tried some older ones but I don't know which ones and also, this issue is almost the same as on Windows (but on Windows you can fix that with the custom ones).

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
bruh

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Death
The CTL-490 is known to have a LOT of input lag with its default drivers. I think Hawku's drivers for Windows aims to fix that slightly, and clearly whatever you were using on Linux also alleviated the issue slightly.

I don't believe there is any equivalent for macOS, at least not any that I know of. So I don't know how much you can really do. Keep in mind, pretty much every tablet is made for drawing, not playing osu! (a few companies have started changing that I guess). It's kind of unfortunate, but you can't really do too much about it.
nxaq
I had a ctl490 as well when i was new and had the same problem.. simple fix ... buy a new one or get used to the input lag.
Sorry to say this but this Tablet is not made for osu! more like for drawing :(
ive gifted this tablet to a friend and he couldnt download hawku driver so he was kinda sad but if you try dragging with a piece of paper on the tablet it might decrease the inputlag a lil bit