forum

LOONA - Butterfly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Demeisen
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, August 11, 2019 at 8:34:14 PM

Artist: LOONA
Title: Butterfly
Tags: STAN LOONA Kim Lip
BPM: 107
Filesize: 6661kb
Play Time: 01:54
Difficulties Available:
  1. Flutter (4.24 stars, 279 notes)
Download: LOONA - Butterfly
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

Flutter
WIP - Through the first chorus.

changelog
8-11-2019
Sunmi's coming back so I thought I'd dust off my butterflies.
There's too many changes to list individually, so a summation:
The chorus is almost entirely remapped, and lots of the verse and prechorus is too.
I repurposed the butterflies to be more flow-y. They didn't work so great as something you jump to, because you'd break too easily.
I trimmed the rhythm and fixed some poor approximations.
I changed a lot of SV's and color combos.
I unmuted a lot of 1/3 ends for better hitsound feedback.

I hit a wall over-complicating this the first time through. I can build on this remap now, and I intend to.

3-2-2019
Nothing new yet, just polish. I cut the rest of my outlined rhythm so the map is playably bite-sized for now.

Lots of flow changes.
Some rhythm changes for flow; normalized slider length on the thirds and made up any differences with spacing/rotation. The small differences in length were too hard to read/not intuitive.
Some changes for added emphasis in the prechorus.
Toned down spacing at the end of the chorus to prepare for a transition into the verse.
Wrangled some unruly butterflies.

2-27-2019
Mapped the first chorus (A few times. I'll likely remap it again after finishing the others). Flow fixes in verse.

2-21-2019
Small update with some flow fixes and about 10 seconds of the chorus. Progress slowed a bit when I hit the chorus because I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it - it's so dense. After a lot of experimentation I think I've decided. This one is gonna take me a while. Full chorus next.

STAN LOONA

GIF by https://twitter.com/chiiinken