forum

anyone import wacom preferences into hawku drivers?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this or knows how to go about it, I'm not going to actually switch drivers until I know it's possible.

yes i tried Help but it's the most useless forum most of the time, just green names trying to farm "Resolved"'s like they're Sotarks maps
Penguin
https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/13

Mouse master race. Did you complete your 200 play quota btw?
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Penguin wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/13

Mouse master race. Did you complete your 200 play quota btw?
1. this has nothing to do with gameplay or rankings, even you got enough iq points to see that

2. https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/6979380
Penguin

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

1. this has nothing to do with gameplay or rankings, even you got enough iq points to see that

G&R description: "Anything about playing osu!."

You use your tablet to play osu!, correct?
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

Penguin wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

if you use your keyboard to play you shouldnt even be typing messages in this subforum with it, wtf man. that's gameplay related
Penguin

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

if you use your keyboard to play you shouldnt even be typing messages in this subforum with it, wtf man. that's gameplay related
oh boy, that's the biggest stretch to try and find an analogy I've ever seen lmao

I'm just gonna assume you're trying to bait me. I'm a penguin, not a fish. Hunting penguins is illegal mister.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
point is this question is not related to gameplay so there's no reason to put it there. I do other things with my tablet so that's a bad assumption.
Penguin

Vuelo Eluko wrote:

point is this question is not related to gameplay so there's no reason to put it there. I do other things with my tablet so that's a bad assumption.
Alright, you're just being unrealistic. Trying to find loopholes by saying that you use your tablet for other things is dumb. You're just attempting to circumvent the fact that this is G&R related. Everyone knows that when you speak about tablets in this community, it is because you are trying to use them for gameplay.

If you think that G&R is unfit for your question/post, then what makes you think that Off-Topic is fit for it???
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Because this is about Hawku drivers specifically which not only have nothing to do with gameplay but is third party software.

Keep up.
Penguin
it still pertains to your tablet tho. We can go for days on this since you're extremely hardheaded and you won't ever admit to being wrong. You're just grasping for straws at this point. I'm just gonna quit now.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
no need to admit something that isn't true
Death
I already responded to your thread with extended explanation based on your new screenshots. It was tagged that way for a similar reason as to why you are hesitant to post the question in G&R (which, to be honest, is probably fine anyway).
roshan117
https://github.com/SaltimusPrime/WacomAreaChanger/releases this may be of help to you, i dunno if ittl work with your tablet but its worth a shot. then you could load the backup by clicking on the wacom area button and clicking on "load from backup" (as shown in picture)

you alternatively could just find the # of mm in a wacom unit and convert it from there
Aiseca
OwO!

A rare Roshan Appeared!

Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko

roshan117 wrote:

https://github.com/SaltimusPrime/WacomAreaChanger/releases this may be of help to you, i dunno if ittl work with your tablet but its worth a shot. then you could load the backup by clicking on the wacom area button and clicking on "load from backup" (as shown in picture)

you alternatively could just find the # of mm in a wacom unit and convert it from there
Funny thing is damn wacom backups themselves dont even work properly half the time. i.e if i have ot set to full screen when i make the backup but i do indeed have a portion setup i can swap to with the press of a check circle, the backup will just wipe that as if i didnt even have one set even if I had that there when i made the backup lol.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Alright importing the preferences kinda worked, didn't import screen area fortunately I was able to punch those in from the pen_tablet.dat (the file Wacom places in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\WTablet) I had open in notepad++

if anyone else is curious how to, look for the chunk of text in said file that looks like this

<ScreenOutputArea type="map">
<Extent type="map">
<X type="integer">1031</X>
<Y type="integer">775</Y>
<Z type="integer">0</Z>
</Extent>
<Origin type="map">
<X type="integer">124</X>
<Y type="integer">133</Y>
<Z type="integer">0</Z>
</Origin>

punch the X value of Extent into Width, the Y into Height, then for Origin, X into Top Offset and Y into Left Offset
so for me:

after you use the tool hawku drivers come built in with to load in your area from a backup, this is required to get things exactly as they were.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future trying to do the same as me.
Aiseca
Is OT claiming other forum's functions?

NANI?
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
now i can run virtualbox without garbage wacom drivers bugging out and memory leaking forever on my host machine. That's what this thread was all about in the end, nothing to do with gameplay at all nope. Silly penguin.

this is a real issue i had, not even joking. Try opening up a virtualbox vm on a machine with a wacom and see
roshan117
Glad it worked (somewhat)!
Aiseca

roshan117 wrote:

This sounds like you're not even sure it'll work ah 🤔
roshan117

Aiseca wrote:

roshan117 wrote:

This sounds like you're not even sure it'll work ah 🤔

nah i wasnt sure if my solution would work cuz my wacom drivers were able to show the numbers while his werent able to
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
they arent i had to get the numbers out of pen_tablet.dat lol
also your solution? :thinking: