forum

[invalid] importing settings from wacom drivers to hawku drivers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Problem Details:
I want to try switching to the Hawku tablet drivers just for the gui because wacom's is pathetic to say the least. is there any way to load .tabletprefs created by wacom preference utility into Hawku? Or maybe just open the .tabletprefs with a text editor and find the relevant values to plug into the Hawku drivers? Thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

virgin wacom preferences:

chad hawku preferences:

osu! version: 20190207.2
Death
I don't believe there is a way to access your Wacom tablet preferences easily without using the actual application itself. In the past I've tried seeing if they were accessible through a text editor, but I don't believe they are unless I missed the correct file to look for.

Please try asking Hawku yourself if it is possible to access them using their application though. You can probably try making an issue on GitHub or something of that sort. There may also be contact information somewhere on there, but I haven't checked.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Seems to be some relevant stuff here I was just wondering if anyone has tried and succeeded at plugging these into the Hawku drivers somehow.

Death
Wacom's tablets use some special "count" value while Hawku's looks like it uses mm? You can technically find how many counts there are in a millimeter and then try to plug that in if you want.

Just measure the max area of your tablet in mm, then take the max "Count" value that you can get (full area) and divide it by the value you just measured. Based on that file, the count value looks like it is probably under the "TabletInputArea" section (I don't have that file so I can't check). You'll end up with count/mm. So if the area you want to use is 5000 Counts wide, you can just divide it by the answer you got from the previous calculation and that is how many millimeters wide the area in the Hawku drivers should be.

There is also a "Wacom Area" button in the picture you posted though, but I have no idea what that does? What happens when you click on that?
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
I don't know, I don't actually have the hawku drivers, I wasn't going to wipe mine to install them without knowing I could import these prefs cause it'll be a waste of time.
Death
I looked up a random video of someone using the drivers and it looks like that button allows you to enter the value in Counts from your old tablet area if you have them. There is also a "Load from Backup" button which probably does something...

I also found this: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver/issues/36
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
I know that some versions of wacom drivers allow you to input such values as he is referring to, mine do not. I just have the crappy drag red box... I will just hope the ones stored in the .dat are the same. Thank you.
Topic Starter
Vuelo Eluko
Alright importing the preferences kinda worked, didn't import screen area fortunately I was able to punch those in from the pen_tablet.dat (the file Wacom places in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\WTablet) I had open in notepad++

if anyone else is curious how to, look for the chunk of text in said file that looks like this

<ScreenOutputArea type="map">
<Extent type="map">
<X type="integer">1031</X>
<Y type="integer">775</Y>
<Z type="integer">0</Z>
</Extent>
<Origin type="map">
<X type="integer">124</X>
<Y type="integer">133</Y>
<Z type="integer">0</Z>
</Origin>

punch the X value of Extent into Width, the Y into Height, then for Origin, X into Top Offset and Y into Left Offset
so for me:

after you use the tool hawku drivers come built in with to load in your area from a backup, this is required to get things exactly as they were.

Hopefully this helps someone in the future trying to do the same as me.