forum

[Archived] How long does beatmap calculation take to calculate ALL your beatmaps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zem0ku
So I just learned that there was a beatmap calculation that changed the star ratings of the map. I don't know why but mine has been calculating for the past 2 weeks now and it still has not finished. So I'm asking how long does it usually take? Also during the phase of calculating my beatmaps, I've noticed that my osu! has been freezing. For example, I start up osu!, I play 1 or 2 maps whether I finished it or not, then when I go home to the song selection, it freezes. I've done it multiple times and the same result is freezing and never coming back after playing one or two song. So another question is, does the beatmap calculation also make my osu! freeze? Osu! has never froze like that ever since it started processing my beatmaps. I have a guess on what might be the causes though. Either it's the beatmap calculation or my computer just decided to break in its processing at this time. Hope anyone can help! Thanks :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Tobias Leander
sort your maps by difficulty and click on the "not yet calculated" section and just leave that open for a few minutes or hours depends on your specs and how many maps you have, this shouldn't cause your computer to freeze tho, could u follow this guide and paste the crash log here if there is any.
Death
SR calculation can cause your CPU usage to shoot up pretty significantly. That is likely what is causing the freezing.
Topic Starter
zem0ku
So then, I have to do what Tobias told me to do and wait for it to calculate ALL my maps so that it would stop?
Death
Yes, find a good chunk of time to leave the game open on the song selection screen and let everything process. Assuming you do still have maps in that "not yet calculated" group.
Topic Starter
zem0ku
Yeah I still do. I'll try that. Thanks!

EDIT: Soo I checked up on my osu!, went to the difficulty section. There was no "Not calculated yet" section. Oh and this time, it completely froze without even trying out a song. So I'm planning to just leave osu! on and just leave it in the difficulty section (without entering any sub section), will that still calculate maps?
Nigrod

zem0ku wrote:

EDIT: Soo I checked up on my osu!, went to the difficulty section. There was no "Not calculated yet" section. Oh and this time, it completely froze without even trying out a song. So I'm planning to just leave osu! on and just leave it in the difficulty section (without entering any sub section), will that still calculate maps?

That’s what I did to let my maps caculate and it seemed to worked.
Vuelo Eluko
mine was done pretty fast though im a 4790k which I suppose is still a reasonably high-end cpu
Topic Starter
zem0ku

Nigrod wrote:

zem0ku wrote:

That’s what I did to let my maps caculate and it seemed to worked.

Ohh okay. So I guess I'll try that too.

EDIT: So, I tried it. Before I left for school, I opened up osu!, went to the difficulty selection, left it there without opening up any sub section. So, it was trying to calculate. When I came back, my osu! was freezing. So it was freezing for about 7-8 hrs. I forgot to say that i play on a laptop that has really old specs and it runs on Windows 7. I have a dilapidated laptop that is linked to a monitor and keyboard and mouse. I manually had to shut down my laptop through taking out the charger since it can't run without it. When I opened my laptop, it recommended me to a startup repair. Bottom line, it's fine but this is what happened when I let my osu! on and calculate my maps. So, I guess there's a problem and I won't be able to calculate my maps and play osu! (I PROBABLY won't be able to because of the damage it might cause later on) Yeah, that's pretty much it. Just an update