8.33%
No
58.33%
I WANNA BE MAAAT <3333
33.33%
Total votes: 60
Topic Starter
Marcin
Does "Aiming for mat next month, Still doing this" really helps? I saw on some people profiles those kinds of sentences, and what I thought is: "Wait, They are just modding maps to get MAT and cool nickname colour? ", So my question is: Does this kind of sentence HELPS, or makes you in even WORSE situation, while standing for MAT ?
LunarSakuya
Kinda counter productive lol
Low
It definitely doesn't help.
JAKACHAN
I WANNA BE A MAAAATT <3333333
Sync
No
Topic Starter
Marcin
Well, why so many people do this?, are they THAT stupid, or I am stupid!?
JAKACHAN

Sync wrote:

No
I feel bad for anyone that gets a mod from you.
Sync
It was more so a few people started doing it and then it spread

It won't help you get noticed. Posting consistently good, helpful, and descriptive mods will get you noticed.
JAKACHAN

Sync wrote:

It won't help you get noticed. Posting consistently good, helpful, and descriptive mods will get you noticed.
How the hell did you get noticed then??!?!?!?

<3 you Sync
Topic Starter
Marcin

JAKACHAN wrote:

Sync wrote:

How the hell did you get noticed then??!?!?!?

<3 you Sync
Good question though, Sync have only "130" kudosu (so sorry for using kudosu for comparing), While I see some people with about 300 kudosus still not being MAT, so how does it work?
LunarSakuya

Marcin wrote:

Good question though, Sync have only "130" kudosu (so sorry for using kudosu for comparing), While I see some people with about 300 kudosus still not being MAT, so how does it work?
Maybe being popular
Sync
Quality over quantity.

see: Byakugan's post
YTYuyu

LunarSakuya wrote:

Marcin wrote:

Maybe being popular
i highly doubt that. people become MATs because of their hard work and effort when they mod, and how much they're helping the community. kd doesn't matter when you mod, but it's about how descriptive and helpful you are to the mapper.
those
Cool nickname colour? Don't think so ;w;

and lol your avatar
YTYuyu

those wrote:

Cool nickname colour? Don't think so ;w;

and lol your avatar
lol i had to match the ava's numbers to purple to match the hair so that it'd look nice and Ryou is my waifu :P
Sakura
Don't ask, complain or rave on about how good you are, how many posts you've made, or how you've worked so hard and are still not a MAT. Put yourself in our shoes; would you want to promote someone who keeps whining?
Having a goal is fine, but making it the reason you're modding/helping the community is not the way to go, being promoted to MAT is a priviledge granted to the people that are descriptive and helpful to other mappers to help make their maps rankable and increase their quality, if you do this only for the sole purpose of getting a purple name, you'll have very few chances of making it in (Hint: none)
Shohei Ohtani
It's good to have a goal. For instance, I have a goal to get on the kudosu rankings. There's nothing wrong with wanting to achieve something.

If I wasn't in such a shitty mood I would write this huge thing about how a great MAT should be and why some other crap, but I'm in a shitty mood, so I won't.
RandomJibberish
People who make good MATs are people who have the goal of being a great modder and helping people out and being awesome, not people who's ultimate goal is having a shiny name colour. If you want to be recognised as awesome, work on being awesome.

There's nothing innately wrong with aiming to be a MAT, but I think it should be secondary to wanting to be great at the things a MAT should be great at.
[CSGA]Ar3sgice
Isn't that a good thing, as many people aim at MAT, we can get more mods; if no one aims at MAT, it's harder to get mods, so it certainly helps wwwwww

also, you made a typo in the title lol
YodaSnipe
Sync cause Sync

nuff said
Elly-chan
No, it does not help whatsoever, and it took me, myself, a long while to realize that. Quoted from what I posted on the New BAT/MAT announcement thread,

' I was pretty dumb to do it myself before I got promoted.' 'it doesn't help you acomplish anything and it makes us recognise you as somebody who is only aiming for a higher position. If you're good enough quality-wise and behavioural-wise, trust me. The team WILL recognize you, so please don't say stuff like that in your signatures or user pages.'

so, i agree with what sync said; quality > quantity. don't go on a crazy half-assed modding spree hoping to get tons of kudosu then hoping just because you have a high amount the teams will recognize you.

so.. yeah it doesn't help.
Ekaru
Two easy ways to fuck your chances for any giving round:

1. Go on a one-difficulty modding spree.

2. Have "I'M AIMING TO BE A MAT" written in your profile/sig.

So, it does help if your goal is to not be a MAT! \o/ But uh, don't do it. Just be helpful and don't be an asshole. Oh, and don't write shitty mod posts.
Mismagius
There's nothing wrong to have a goal. Just don't go around showing your goal to EVERYONE to support / notice them. That is not the way to go.
TheVileOne
Eh wont help all that much. Although it may gain the attention of someone who will then look at mod posts you make and then if those are quality enough, then you may get it.

Although those who get MAT make mods that stand out from the crowd. You wont get it by just saying you're hoping to get it. Although again if they don't know you want MAT, there's a slim chance they'll consider you unless you're pretty well known.
Ekaru

TheVileOne wrote:

Eh wont help all that much. Although it may gain the attention of someone who will them look at mod posts you make and then if those are quality enough, then you may get it.
Actually, it goes something like this:

"His mods are good, but... It seems like all he/she cares about is the title of MAT. Eeeeeeeew!"
Shohei Ohtani

[CSGA]Ar3sgice wrote:

Isn't that a good thing, as many people aim at MAT, we can get more mods; if no one aims at MAT, it's harder to get mods, so it certainly helps wwwwww

also, you made a typo in the title lol
There's a lot of modders who mod for the sake of not making maps suck :>. That's how it was before MAT, and it still happens like that for some people during MAT >3<~.
awp
tl;dr actions speak louder than words
animez15
i only play the maps xD..
Topic Starter
Marcin
^ WHAT the FU.. ?!
Xakyrie
I find it funny how several people who posted in this thread had the exact phrase: "AIMING TO BE MAT!!11!!1!111!!" in their profile/signature.

At least now that the problem has been addressed by the community and higher-ups, the problem is slowly dissipating.
ziin

awp wrote:

tl;dr actions speak louder than words
words help a whole lot in the process.
dkun
Ironically enough, someone who did have "AIMING TO BE MAT!!1!!one!!1!!!" did recently just get into the MAT.

This is something the staff should look over before recruiting people into said team.