forum

[Archived] heavy frame drops on macOS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sputnikfive
Problem details:
i installed osu on my macbook 2010 release on friday. it runs perfectly fine until maybe midway through a song and i get heavy framedrops. i have to restart the client, or sometimes it just completely crashes. i'm not familiar with mac as ive only had this computer for a few months. what should i change to try and stop this from happening?

i already turned off shaders, combo bursts, storyboards and everything under graphics, windows inking is off, im running the latest version of winery as far as im aware (2.22), none of the frame limiting options help, i have no other programs open. is there anything im missing off this checklist?

i understand osu on macOS is unstable already, but if anyone could toss some tips my way i'd really appreciate it.

i am running the latest version of osu!
shnacc
I am also on a Mac and I grab a few frame issues every now and then, what works for me is just restarting my entire laptop and limiting my total beatmaps to under 5000, I'm not sure if this will help but I wish you luck in resolving the framedrop issue :)