forum

Is using a mix of single tapping and alternating any good?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Derplax
I personally think it might be beneficial to adapt a mixed style. Im pretty sure it's possible but would it be beneficial at all to pick up?

Edit Thanks bois
Vuelo Eluko
You'd be quite the pioneer for trying it. I say go for it, follow your dreams. Become the circle clicking champion you are destined to be.
lewski
That's how I play, I don't think it's inherently better or worse than full alt or full single.
Vuelo Eluko

lewski wrote:

That's how I play, I don't think it's inherently better or worse than full alt or full single.
Singletap can everything.

jokes aside the vast majority of players switch between singletap and alternate depending on the map, whether it's to go from singles to streams or going full alt when the overall bpm is too fast to singletap, i.e an 'alt map', others also full alt heavy slider sections to make it less likely to release a slider early but I personally believe this is a bad habit with slider acc actually existing in Lazer unless your full alt accuracy is exactly as good as your singletap accuracy which I think isn't the case for most; there's like a 20ish difference in unstable rate for me between full alt and full singletap at speeds slow enough that I could comfortably do either one, and I consider finger control to be one of my few strong points.

There are also a good chunk of high ranked 'full alt' players, but I don't know of any particularly notable "full singletap" players unless they are abusing tap/x. If you intend to stick to exactly one style of tapping full alt would be your best bet but you are correctly assuming utilizing both is a good idea. When you consider a stream is essentially going at singletap speed with 2 fingers instead of one, you can easily imagine how transitioning between 1/4 and 1/2 rapidly is exponentially easier when using both single and alt taps.