April - Oh! My Mistake

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Everything Dust
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 3:08:00 PM

Artist: April
Title: Oh! My Mistake
Tags: Chaekyung Jinsol Chaewon Rachel Naeun Yena 채경 이진솔 김채원 레이첼 이나은 양예나
BPM: 145
Filesize: 33872kb
Play Time: 03:33
Difficulties Available:
  1. Love Way (3.44 stars, 538 notes)

Download: April - Oh! My Mistake
Download: April - Oh! My Mistake (no video)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

WIP - Small set planned
6-20-2019
Added HD video
Remapped some transitions in the first half of the first chorus.
Remapped some a transition in the final chorus.

3-2-2019
Done with hard for now sans hitsounds. Working on an easy and normal.

Fixed a lot of minor things.
Added a bigger jump to the last prechorus for better emphasis.
Fixed the slider leading into the second run in the second chorus.

2-24-2019
Remapped lots of the last chorus.
Remapped some parts of the bridge/build with progressively increasing spacing, and removed the jumps as they seemed out of place in context with the rest of the map.
There are a couple minor things I want to fix but don't have good solutions for atm. I'll update with those fixes and some more polish before hitsounds.
Removed cruel 3/4 circles bridging the spinners at the extension. It's abuse.

2-18-2019
Mapped bridge and final chorus (tentative).
Fixed some rotation issues in the second chorus.

I still need to polish this last part, and I'm not really happy with the movement yet, but it's getting there. I'll hitsound after that and then I'm done for now as I have other maps I want to work on.

2-17-2019
Fixed a lot of inconsistencies with rotation in the second verse and prechorus.
Mapped the second chorus.

2-17-2019
Centered a pattern in the intro for better symmetry and rotation.
Added sharp turns in the second chorus runs.
Remapped final chorus runs with sharper turns and bigger spacing as they were too wide before which made them kind of underwhelming.
Added a spinner ending to extend to a part in the video where it says 'The End'. I usually hate these kind of frivolous extensions but it lines up pretty nice. Call it schadenfreude from choking meikaruza.

2-16-2019
Fixed some inconsistencies in rotation which were impairing flow.
Changed some 1/4 sliders to reverse sliders for flow.
Mapped up to second prechorus (tentative).
Mapped runs in the remaining choruses.

I meant to map this day one of their comeback. Better late than never I suppose. After the PP changes basically all of my 3.75 "hards" are now 4+ insanes, so I wanted to map a "real" 3 star hard. There's some undermapping in terms of rhythm choice (heavy 1/2 emphasis) but I think it really works in this song. I tried to avoid using patterns that involve too much alternating, and utilized mainly spacing and rotation for scaling the difficulty. There's a lot of symmetry, but no outright repetition; I did a lot of that in my early maps because I didn't really know how to abstract a theme into different implementations but I feel comfortable with it now.