[Archived] Is AbsoluteTouchEx Bannable?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Beidou
Problem details:
Hi,

I want to use https://github.com/apsun/AbsoluteTouchEx
its basically turning your touchpad into a drawing tablet.

But then there was a disclaimer:
WARNING
AbsoluteTouchEx, unlike AbsoluteTouch, behaves very much like a hack. It's able to achieve its blazing fast performance by injecting itself into the target process and hooking some Windows API calls to translate HID events into mouse events. In contrast, AbsoluteTouch ran in its own process and set the cursor position globally (that's why you had to disable raw input when using AbsoluteTouch). As a result, AbsoluteTouchEx may trigger some anti-cheat protection systems. I am not responsible if you are banned for using AbsoluteTouchEx.

So to make sure I don't get ko'd,
Can I use it/Is it bannable? (Preferably an admin because otherwise they aren't informed on the situation & will not accept my ban repeal if I ever get one

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
lol it's on the website

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Lyawi
Hello,

to be super safe and sure you should ask the support (via email: accounts@ppy.sh) instead.

You may tell us after? o/
Topic Starter
Beidou

Lyawi wrote:

Hello,

to be super safe and sure you should ask the support (via email: accounts@ppy.sh) instead.

You may tell us after? o/

lol edit:
it don't work on my synaptics clickpad so im not going to do it

wait no big edit:
i got it but the program has some problems lol
if it works im gonna ask
Lyawi
Please ask before you download and use it.
Upskirt
If it were to be detected as a tampering application then there's no feasible way to avoid a restriction so just don't use it at all perhaps

But hey, you can use it if you want : )
There is a disclaimer on the github page after all