forum

[Archived] Micro Stutters?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ice Poseidon Cx
Problem details:
Alright, so I have had this issue for more than a year now and I cannot seem to find a way to fix it. When I install new drivers or drivers in general my ms look pretty normal 0.3 to 0.4 but there is a catch, I will get frequent fps drops. The only way I have found to "fix" this is to enable and disable compatibility mode which increases my ms to 0.6 and it can go up 1 ms the more I play. Does anyone know a fix or workaround for this issue?
Specs :

i5 4460

8GB Ram

GTX 1050TI

edit: Ok I think the game has like a force vsync or force compatibility cause of the fps lock and not letting it go max also I am barely seeing screen tears but vsync is globally disabled in nvidia

osu! version: Stable 20190207.2 (latest)
Tobias Leander

Ice Poseidon Cx wrote:

edit: Ok I think the game has like a force vsync or force compatibility cause of the fps lock and not letting it go max also I am barely seeing screen tears but vsync is globally disabled in nvidia

if it says 60hz in the corner its not vsync, its just your monitor refresh rate.

try this, go to task manager, right-click osu and click go to details, right-click osu.exe and set priority to RealTime.
also, close any other applications you have open in the background.
Topic Starter
Ice Poseidon Cx

Tobias Leander wrote:

Ice Poseidon Cx wrote:

if it says 60hz in the corner its not vsync, its just your monitor refresh rate.

try this, go to task manager, right-click osu and click go to details, right-click osu.exe and set priority to RealTime.
also, close any other applications you have open in the background.
Tried this already, I understand that on the bottom right it says my monitors refresh rate. But I know that my fps is being limited for some reason to around 800 after I do that compatibility thing I mentioned earlier. Before it would be around 1300 but with a lot of micro stutters/fps drops
Tobias Leander
If its only at 800 fps while on compatibility mode why do you use it in the first place then?
Topic Starter
Ice Poseidon Cx

Tobias Leander wrote:

If its only at 800 fps while on compatibility mode why do you use it in the first place then?
Its not supposed to be used. Like I said when I updated my GPU drivers I played with 0.3 - 0.4 ms but with a lot of micro stutters and fps drops. And to fix the issue I enabled compatibility mode and then disabled it so currently it says it is disabled but after that my fps is being limited to 800ish