forum

[resolved] OSU dropping to 60 dps when playing a map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BiPolar Bear
Hey everyone, now Ive been trying to come back to playing osu a while ago, but theres one thing that bothers me:

I never had this sort of issue, but after restarting my computer to factory reset and downloading osu, the game caps on 60 fps whenever i start playing a map. Now in the menu or during any other action my fps goes around 300 but as i click a map to play it lowers itself down to 60 automatically. This happens both on fullscreen and windowed. I have double checked if my fps in osu isnt capped but its not either. Im really desperate on how to fix this issue as I have been through every thread on here that should solve my issue but it didnt.

Let me explain what i tried doing:
In my NVIDIA control panel i have the lowest pre rendered frames, tripple buffering disabled and vsync also disabled. My power settings are on prefer maximum performance. Ive also tried playing around with these settings turning them on and off and testing, but nothing seems to work

Another thing i did is i disabled In game overaly In Geforce experience but this also didnt help

Also tried to disable fullscreen optimizations in osu properties. Didnt work for me

All of my drivers are up to date, and i cant think of anything else to do at this moment.

I would really appreciate any help i could get right now thanks!
Death
If your frame limiter is set to "Unlimited (Gameplay)", the fps counter switches to "hz" when you start a map. If your screen's refresh rate is 60hz, that is what will be displayed. Double check to see whether or not that is what's happening.

The other value displayed below it (ms), is your frame time. If that is less than ~17ms, then you are getting more than 60fps.
Topic Starter
BiPolar Bear
Alright so that is the case then, but my issue still stands osu is incredibly laggy especially when I play with hidden or basically any other mods.

Now, my computer specs are more than decent I’d say and I don’t experience this issue on any other games I play (wow,lol, overwatch etc.) on high resolution and all.

I tried setting everything on osu to off in order to try reduce the lags (such as storylines or videos) but that didn’t change anything

It leads me to think that it’s not an issue with the game settings, rather something set on my computer but as I mentioned earlier I tried to change up a lot of settings in order for osu to perform better

Any other ideas? Thanks for the quick reply by the way.
Tobias Leander
What kind of lag is it rollback audio/video lag, or fps stuttering etc..?
Topic Starter
BiPolar Bear
its an fps issue, the auido is alright and all but sometimes circles or sliders lag, the usual id say, sometimes it even freezes
Tobias Leander
try to go to task manager, right click osu and click go to details, right click osu.exe and set priority to RealTime.
if that didn't help I'd recommend trying some of the other stuff i have listed here!
Topic Starter
BiPolar Bear
That helped actually! thank you so much guys