forum

tablet position

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iichi
after i came back a few days ago i really haven't managed to get a position or grip im happy with. i totally forgot what i had before and every time i feel like i get something nice, i mess it up. i think i might have found something decent maybe now, but i can't jump for shit... even if it's a really small jump i mess up a lot. i have no clue if i should continue searching or if i should continue playing on whatever i have now. what should i do?
Equbuxu
You should continue playing on whatever you have now and just get used to it. If you still won't be happy with it after 15-20 hours (of profile playtime) you can try changing it again. At least you will have a better idea of what is wrong with your grip
Topic Starter
iichi

GSTACK wrote:

You should continue playing on whatever you have now and just get used to it. If you still won't be happy with it after 15-20 hours (of profile playtime) you can try changing it again. At least you will have a better idea of what is wrong with your grip

yeah i actually feel alot more comfortable with it now. even tho im missing jumps like crazy. think it's more getting used to it now.
mihari
Try to play on an area that you feel comfortable with, skill is mental and will come with time as you get used to your new area.
katielikespp18
Maybe it's because of how you were playing before you took a break. Usually doing really difficult maps ruins your ability to do lower difficulty maps or even the same difficulty range (it'll take you some time to play that same difficulty without going lower to readjust yourself). Generally advice you want to keep in mind is that lower AR translates well to higher AR, but not the other way around.
Vuelo Eluko
i just made my area a bit bigger yesterday and the very first play I made with it that way yielded 181 pp.. lul
at least for me tablet is like 95% reading 5% muscle memory and having a bigger margin for error on circles offset the muscle memory loss entirely. Maybe this changes at higher skill levels but I don't think so because I've seen pros right back to where they were within hours of an area change.

Another example, Cookiezi's grip changed almost every day when he came back and he was still setting monstrous scores. Don't mental block over this kinda thing.

That said, don't get into the habit of changing your area or setup constantly unless you have an informed reason to do it or see a clear benefit. Playing with consistent settings means becoming comfortable meaning it'll be easier to focus on the game instead of what your hand is doing.

And one last thing if your tablet has a tendency to move around consider fixing it somehow, I've seen some players use tape to keep it in one place no matter what.
Topic Starter
iichi
thank you all for answer. i did move the tablet, and i doubt it will be moving anywhere now. i feel like i have a decent grip now but it kind of changes on hard song and i can't spin at all when it does change. And i try to change it back when i notice it in a break.

Other than that i can only complain about consistency. i can hit all of the hard jumps and etc, but not consistent. and smaller easier jumps i might miss altogether. i honestly think it is that my clicks don't match my movements. which i guess comes with a bit practice i hope.

Edit:

after doing some jump training and looking at replays, i noticed i wasn't excactly jumping straight. Abit wubbly and idk how else to explain it, but offputting, not snapping properly. changed the width from 58 to 65 and i saw improvement straight away. it's alot more comfortable aswell. so i'll just play with this and hope it solves itself now. we'll see with time.