forum

What is this called?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Brainage
And don't say "fucking ascension 100" because this is not a joke. I would genuinely like to learn about the psychology/mentality behind this.

I started stream practicing in December 2018. I realised that i was fairly average at streaming and looked up to speed players like Informous, Gayzmcgee, bro_gamer72, etc. I kept at it and i was seeing small strides in progress. Until one day around mid January, where I woke up to start stream practicing like I normally do, and I don't know what happened. I could deathstream BPMs i could barely burst. I went from 80% acc on 32 note 200bpm bursts to 97% acc on 400 note 200bpm deathstreams, and learned how to stream 240bpm for more than 5 notes. My accuracy on Blue Zenith went from 45% to 80% overnight and I'm still slowly getting better.

So the question is, what sort of psychological term is used to describe this massive overnight improvement? And how can I trigger it on other aspects of the game? Is this an occurence in scenarios outside of video games?
DeletedUser_6869432
Weird flex but okay
Equbuxu
"A good day"? Idk, I think everyone sometimes has such moments
vSanguine
There is no psychological term. It just means you had a good sleep. The Hypothalamus in your brain has something called a Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN) that directly controls your behavioral rhythm. It also receives signals from the eyes. if you had a good rest then your SCN would be well rested and your brain would be able to focus more on your streaming accuracy and less on your tiredness since you'd be well rested.

Also during sleeping your brain enters sorta like a "save state" such that whatever you learnt throughout the day gets hardwired into it and the next day you're suddenly better at whatever you learnt. This I'm sure you're familiar with.

So basically,

GSTACK wrote:

"A good day"? Idk, I think everyone sometimes has such moments

^ This
abraker

vSpecky wrote:

There is no psychological term
Looks like there is a vacant position for a new word meaning in the English dictionary.

I shall name it "skill upcharge".
KupcaH
Improvement. And you achieve that thingy by playing more.

Also, bro_gamer72 is Gayz
Vuelo Eluko
That's it! You're well on your way to becoming an osu! rhythm champion.
Topic Starter
Brainage

vSpecky wrote:

There is no psychological term. It just means you had a good sleep. The Hypothalamus in your brain has something called a Suprachiasmatic Nucleus (SCN) that directly controls your behavioral rhythm. It also receives signals from the eyes. if you had a good rest then your SCN would be well rested and your brain would be able to focus more on your streaming accuracy and less on your tiredness since you'd be well rested.

Ok but the thing is i've been getting 6-8 hours sleep since the start of 2019 and i can still do everything i listed. The day before i was the average stream player and the day after that i could deathstream 200bpm and still can.

But if i want to improve faster then i guess the tl:dr is play more and sleep well.
loveleft
It's called pulling a Brainage.
katielikespp18
It's akin to exercising: you practice a skill (in this case, streaming), and your body heals itself (which is why you always play better after taking a break, unless you've been overworking (RSI)--in which case it needs more time to heal) and you become better at performing the skill you're practicing. That along with the mental aspect of it -- the brain making better connections to facilitate performing a skill better (through "learning" the skill).

Sources:
https://www.verywellfit.com/fitness-term-adaptation-1230984
https://www.sciencenewsforstudents.org/article/learning-rewires-brain
vSanguine

Brainage wrote:

vSpecky wrote:

Ok but the thing is i've been getting 6-8 hours sleep since the start of 2019 and i can still do everything i listed. The day before i was the average stream player and the day after that i could deathstream 200bpm and still can.

But if i want to improve faster then i guess the tl:dr is play more and sleep well.

TL;DR is more like "Play more, sleep well but concentrate on real life shit too."

Basically let your mind divert from osu from time to time.
Carmlillball
Maybe less stress?